Apple Watch and AIS

Grumpy Old Man

I decided to add money to the Apple Corporation bank accounts today and purchase myself an Apple Watch Series 5 44mm GPS & Cellular; how hard can it be . . . After a quick Google search and price comparison in a local shopping mall I found a fair deal, 15,900.00 Baht at “AIS”  . . . I went to “AIS” found the item in question and confirmed it was in stock, excellent ! . . . I pulled out 15,900.00 in cash, pointed at the Apple Watch saying “I’ll take one please and I don’t need an Apple company plastic bag, save the planet Etc.”

I was asked for my Thai mobile number and then told me they couldn’t sell me an Apple Watch because I don’t have an existing twelve months purchase history with “AIS” being an “AIS” mobile or internet contract ! !  . . . Apparently it’s in the small print of the sales contract for Apple Watches through “AIS” I couldn’t even see the small print with my reading glasses on !

Now I know why they’re the only shop with an Apple Watch Series 5 44mm GPS & Cellular in stock.

0696AE50-0F71-4BC5-9E25-4D0299B52318.jpeg.ac7ee4e5ac7b06ebd1e66957c67f7fe7.jpeg

When I bought my 4, I went to my local Apple shop and told them which model, color and configuration I wanted.  They gave me a call when they got one in and I went to pick it up.  Connecting my existing phone number to the watch was easy enough and I have been very happy with my purchase.  I am a long time AIS customer but prefer to buy my Apple products from an Apple shop and have never had a problem.  Hope you get things sorted to your satisfaction.

Saw one yesterday.  It's got a plastic watchband, 555.

The best feature of AW?

ECG alerts for AFib.

But.....

The Apple Watch ECG function is disabled in Thailand. ????

Ripoff.  But I've known Apple products were ripoffs since the 70's, Dude.

Bought a MorePro ECG Watch from Amazon, delivered to my door here in Thailand for about 2000B, including shipping, and import tariff.

It's got a ECG function, as well as sleep monitoring, everything really.

Of course, it's probably a lot harder to set up than a AW. ????

6 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Saw one yesterday.  It's got a plastic watchband, 555.

Actually it has a huge range of wristbands that can be chosen from. 

Trolly troll. Never understand these people who come to the Apple forum to bash Apple and troll Apple customers.

But then again.... if you look at this guys profile above, you'll see ALL his posts are literal sarcastic complaining trolly trolls.  Must be a very happy life ???? 

Archived