Road carnage recedes but still appalling, minister admits

webfact

5 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

"I shall not shed a tear for you-on account of your intellectual laziness,your lack of self responsibility (let alone for others) and your utter stupidity..."

do you think all of that will fit on the front of a tee shirt? 

I have never seen a Thai policeman at any traffic light intersection in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai, which is where many accidents happen. Running red lights, no helmets, undertaking etc.etc.

Put me on any intersection with a camera and enforcement capacity, and I'd be as busy as a one-armed paper hanger collecting fines.

23 hours ago, Matzzon said:

The thing that too many people die on the roads is of course very sad. The most sad thing, though. That is that all the people in charge of the country, are so thick that they doesn´t have a clue about why.

...neither do the drivers.

• Like 2

I do find it peculiar how TVF posters heap derision on the tourist numbers but unquestioningly accept the road death numbers? They're both Thai Government Ministries.

How strange, if was anybody else I'd be tempted to use the work 'hypocrite.' ????????????

Edited by Traubert
Clarification.

36 minutes ago, Traubert said:

I do find it peculiar how TVF posters heap derision on the tourist numbers but unquestioningly accept the road death numbers? They're both Thai Government Ministries.

The road death numbers have been questioned a million times, especially since they are the usual Thai-style, only those that croak roadside and not in a hospital later. Same as TATs "tourists", passthrough passengers are counted in, never mind the unemployment stats. Creating stats full of BS is the national hobby here.

12 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

They don't care.

They drive around in motorcades or fly by private jets. 

The great unwashed are just an annoyance that they use as slaves to make supersized profits

Yes, they actually do care, and that makes their stupidity even more unfathomable.

On 1/2/2020 at 2:39 PM, webfact said:

“The ministry will compare the accident numbers on both main and secondary roads and determine which measures are the most practical in each case,” he said.

Perhaps if they realized that the year has 52 weeks and not only 2 weeks when policing is necessary.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:13 AM, jaiyen said:

The biggest problem is the lazy police!

They are not lazy when they smell baht. 

I would say: greedy/uncaring/corrupt/selfish/thick/unassailable/omnipotent -

please feel free to add your own descriptors.

Do not forget that Thailand is not a 1st world country, so why do you posters  expect

any different stats, year to year. When I visit Thailand I just hope that I will live

to return to my home country and enjoy my vacation. Not much else I can do

to change the way things happen in a Third world country.

Don't worry be happy,  is my motto while in Asia.

Geezer