Vaccine.

Paul Laycock1

My sister in law gave birth to a baby girl one week ago. She returned home today and received a phone call from the hospital saying she must go back and have the baby immunized against autism. She is now at my house where she prefers to live.

My question is normal or unusual I have not heard of this before in a child so young.

My understanding is your born with this condition. Perhaps I am wrong.

There is no such thing as a vaccine against autism.

Vaccines given at birth are:

BCG

Hepatitis B

And the hospital was most remiss if they failed to give these 2. the Hep B especially should be given within 24 hours of birth.

• Like 2

It could be that the thyroid screening came back and it shown that they suspect the baby might have hypothyroidism and need to have the thyroid test and take thyroid hormone drugs.

Hypothyroidism or cretinism is associated with mental retardation. Some Thais calls this disease "โรคเอ๋อ" (dumb disease).

Your sister in law might confuse hypothyroidism with autism.

(pardon my English)

• Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 5:02 PM, Sheryl said:

the Hep B especially should be given within 24 hours of birth.

Scary thought giving a new born baby something like that.  What a screwed up world we live in now, where people accept things like this as normal and necessary.  Obviously, I am opposed to vaccinating new born babies as the list of recommended and required vaccines just keeps growing and growing.

It's no surprise that the kids nowadays have so many physical, emotional and mental health issues. 

I think it's appalling (just my 2 cents).

Edited by MeePeeMai

2 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Scary thought giving a new born baby something like that.  What a screwed up world we live in now, where people accept things like this as normal and necessary.  Obviously, I am opposed to vaccinating new born babies as the list of recommended and required vaccines just keeps growing and growing.

It's no surprise that the kids nowadays have so many physical, emotional and mental health issues. 

Why is it screwed up?  Hep B can easily be spread from a mother to her baby and even from child to child.  Even the virus can live on objects for up to a week... so taking a baby out in public will put it at risk...  Do you want the baby to get sick and maybe die as you are against vaccinating it?

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Why is it screwed up?  Hep B can easily be spread from a mother to her baby and even from child to child.  Even the virus can live on objects for up to a week... so taking a baby out in public will put it at risk...  Do you want the baby to get sick and maybe die as you are against vaccinating it?

The result of not vaccinating was recently demonstrated with the death of 70 people, from measles mainly children in Samoa, many people think measles is a mild illness, it can not only kill, but have lifelong impact on your immune response and other complications . 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

I think it's appalling (just my 2 cents).

You think -- in a country where chronic Hepatitis B is prevalent - that it is better to let a baby develop chronic Hep B and die early from liver cancer/liver failure?

• Thanks 1