Just got price quotes from agent...

After signing up for the immigration app, I was contacted by an agency, who had obviously hacked their system and stole my information.  I had just renewed on my own (OA), and played along, and inquired about pricing.  Today, I heard from "Mace," who told me best to border bounce, and let them get me an O...cost 18000..then 14000 for one year extension.  But, could get me an extension without the insurance shakedown for 30000.  FYI.  Make sure you use a unique password for immigration..I was notified yesterday by Google, that an app I used had been hacked..I had my eyeglass company's account with the same password.  Highly likely to be an issue with Thai software.

I did indicate to her that I already had the 800k here for years...so not sure if that would require extra fees, if you didn't.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Seems like you are someone who would recognize if you had a keylogger on your system. Based on this, it seems the Immigration App should come with a health warning. I wonder if the security issue is deliberate.

They just stole the database.  Nothing to do with my up to date Android system.  All it takes is one IO to give administrator access to the system, and they have it all...I don't think they had my password, just my email...but Google could tell that the app had been compromised.

It was also discussed a few weeks ago, by someone else contacted by this whore.

Edited by moontang

16 minutes ago, moontang said:

They just stole the database.  Nothing to do with my up to date Android system.  All it takes is one IO to give administrator access to the system, and they have it all...I don't think they had my password, just my email...but Google could tell that the app had been compromised.

It was also discussed a few weeks ago, by someone else contacted by this whore.

If the system is properly designed, getting the database should not be sufficient to recover your password (assuming you use a fairly long and random one).

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

If the system is properly designed, getting the database should not be sufficient to recover your password (assuming you use a fairly long and random one).

that is the thing PROPERLY designed. I am guesssing they don't bother using md5 on passwords here let along shah encoding. Probably just store all the passwords as is in the database lol.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

maybe no hacking involved at al

There seems to be two different issues.  First, someone gave a list of all the names and emails of those who installed the app....maybe it included all online users of immigration services, but the old online reporting system didn't require a password, and rarely did I get an email saying it was ready.  Second, Google determined that an app I used, and that is my only new one, was corrupted in some way...maybe it was their pirated software that couldn't be updated,for maybe it was just out of date.  The post was a simple warning, and someone else said the same thing a few weeks ago.  We were both contacted by email, by the same agency, pretending that we inquired, when we did not...but the main purpose was to give you all a heads up on what these people are charging, after this latest round of changes.