Going to CM Imm. this week for 30 day extension of my SETV, and form for bank account.

Here from the US on an SETV -

For renewing the SETV for the final 30 days, can someone please tell me what time I have to get to CM Imm. by, what I need to bring, what line to get in?

Also - 

Went to Bangkok Bank at Kad Suen Kaew mall to open an account.

Showed my passport.

Showed rent receipts.

The clerk said the receipts do not help - he had a sample form that he said I need to get from Thai Imm. stating that "XYZ Street" is where I am living.

I need to bring a passport photo for the form.

He said with that I can open an account.

Does anyone know if the person who deals with my SETV can also furnish this, or if not what line/counter to go to?

Sounds like the bank is talking about a residence certificate. 

Different banks require different things.

You can get a RC from imm office but as I understand it takes time. 

Someone who has done it will be along to advise. Just giving your thread a nudge.

• Like 2

I used the same bank and branch.  A residence certificate is required.  I used an agent for about ฿1000.  It might also be possible to get one from your consulate.  In either case, you will need documentation to prove where you live life a lease copy.

• Like 1

I don't want to open a 'can of worms', but IO will probably check whether a current TM30 has been filed of you staying there.  It is normally required both for the Residence Certificate as well as for the SETV extension (since both require your address).

If a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying > no problem. 

If not, let us know so that TVF members can provide you with options how to deal with it.

• Like 1

Colonel Company across the road from CM Immigration - just pay 1000 baht and pick up your Residency Certificate the next day. They can also speed up visa extension process if you value your time (personally, I'm now always using them instead of dealing with Imm. directly). They will make photos and copies for you, bring your rental contract. If you don't have TM30 slip, they can get it for you for only 300 baht. Last time they told me CM Immigration is not enforcing 24 hour after arrival reporting so should be fine if your landlord didn't do it.

If you want to get RC directly from Immigration, you'll need to queue up early in the morning before they run out of tickets (at least that was the case in old Promenada Imm. office). I'm not sure if you can still get it for 500 baht.

Also, you can open bank account at Krungsri or UOB - only passport is required.

Edited by redpill17
  • Like 2