New suit, please recommend

cerox

Dear guys,

I need to buy a suit in Chiang Mai. It should be medium-quality, so not fall apart after wearing it 10 times, but it also does not need to be of best quality. I will be wearing it only for special occasions.

Since I never bought a suit in Thailand, I am happy for recommendations. Should I get it custom-made here or go to a normal shopping mall? Do you have a specific place where you were satisfied?

What price range?

I have no suit here in Chiang Mai; only in my home country which I cannot get now.

Thank you.

Off the peg (and fitted later) in the west kills the quality / price of domestic.. 

High quality.. Trip to bangkok.. Tailor on 10 (fairest clear pricing and super customer service) or DGRIE (quality but murkey dual pricing).. 

Its not just the cut and fit, its the fabrics.. If you guessed 90% of the name brand fabrics to be copies / counterfeit I would think its at the low end. 

5 hours ago, prism said:

Try Fashion King in the Night Bazaar. Great tailor and service. 

Hubby bought a suit from Fashion King about 10 years ago and still wears it 4 -5 times a year.  Frank at Fashion King recommended a lightweight fabric that he said was very good for wear in our climate.  Turns out it never need pressing, either.  Just hang the suit and slacks overnight and the suit is good-to-go the next day.

Archived