More Savannakhet questions

1 hour ago, beddhist said:

You can find up to date info on that on rideasia.net and GT-Rider forum.

Forgive me, but not being a member or a user of those forums really puts me at a disadvantage, I'm afraid. Would you happen to know if the answer is yes or no, please? If yes, are there any special caveats?

Also, I am not talking about a big bike, but a Honda Click.????

Many thanks.

MF

14 hours ago, MagnumForce said:

Just out of curiousity and for planning my transportation to Mukdahan and on to Savannakhet, is it possible to ride my motorbike across the bridge into Laos if I have the green book for it? 

Not sure about motorbikes but for a car you need a passport for it to enter Laos that is issued by the Land Transport Department.

I suggest you ask your questions on the Motorcycles in Thailand forum. I am sure somebody will know about the requirements.

• Like 1

Regarding transportation to Mukdahan, it looks like you cannot take motorbikes into Laos. 

Since I have to cancel my work permit in Udon on the exact day, and then cancel my extension of stay to a Non-Imm 'B', also on the same day, I think riding to Mukdahan from Udon when finished those two things should get me there comfortably before Laos Immigration closes at 6pm.

If I take the motorbike, there seems to be parking just before Thai immigration at the bridge. Do they have parking for motorbikes? Also, if I park there, can I get on the bus across the bridge after passing through Thai Immigration?

12 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

If I take the motorbike, there seems to be parking just before Thai immigration at the bridge. Do they have parking for motorbikes? Also, if I park there, can I get on the bus across the bridge after passing through Thai Immigration?

This secure covered parking on the left just before the entrance to the bridge. I am sure you can park your bike there.

You get the bus just after you clear immigration. You need to buy your ticket at a booth just before immigration.

Good news about the parking and the bus, Ubonjoe. Thanks!

Just in case I am held up or delayed at the Udon Labour Office while having my work permit cancelled, or at Udon Immigration while having my extension of stay cancelled, therefore making it a mad dash from Udon to Mukdahan before 6pm to cross into Laos, do I have two options?

1. Pay 1,900ThB to get an extra 7 days.

2. Go to Mukdahan as planned, but cross into Laos the following morning. This would mean an overstay fine for one day of 500ThB, right?

If I choose option 2, will it act against me having an overstay stamp in my passport when I apply for the Non-Imm 'O' mult-entry visa at Savannakhet?

15 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

1. Pay 1,900ThB to get an extra 7 days.

That is probably the best option.

It might cost less than a night in a hotel in Mukdahan and the 500 baht fine for an overstay. Plus no need to rush.

15 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

2. Go to Mukdahan as planned, but cross into Laos the following morning. This would mean an overstay fine for one day of 500ThB, right?

If I choose option 2, will it act against me having an overstay stamp in my passport when I apply for the Non-Imm 'O' mult-entry visa at Savannakhet?

A 500 baht fine for a day of overstay.

It would not affect the visa application.

Just double and triple checking all papers and re-reading all the threads this weekend dealing with Non-Imm 'O' Multi-Entry based on marriage from Savannakhet, before my trip next week.

I notice some differences in posts about who signs what with some people saying both wife and them sign and others saying only wife, and in some cases no signatures were submitted on some documents.

So, to make 100% sure, who exactly signs what or will they accept both signatures on all documents since it is for a marriage visa after all?

Many thanks.

MF

4 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

So, to make 100% sure, who exactly signs what or will they accept both signatures on all documents since it is for a marriage visa after all?

You or both for the marriage certificate.

Wife for copies of her house book registry and ID card.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

This Kor Ror 2 .  If you were married to a Thai overseas, is this still needed?  Or is there a different form?

And the marriage certificate can be in English, correct?

For a foreign marriage it would be a Kor Ror 22. To get a Kor Ror 22 you have to register your foreign marriage at a Amphoe.

That requires your marriage certificate to be legalized, translated to Thai and then certified by the Consular of Foreign Affairs Department of the MFA.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You or both for the marriage certificate.

Wife for copies of her house book registry and ID card.

Thanks again, Ubonjoe. I'm bringing copies of our kids' birth certificates and registration in the housebook copies, just in case. Who should sign those?

In Section 2 of the application that I got from you, it mentions "names, dates of birth, and places of birth of the accompanying children". That's why I'm asking about my kids. They won't be with me and they don't need visas since they have Thai citizenship.

2 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

In Section 2 of the application that I got from you, it mentions "names, dates of birth, and places of birth of the accompanying children". That's why I'm asking about my kids. They won't be with me and they don't need visas since they have Thai citizenship.

That's only for foreign children getting a VISA off the back of yours.

Nothing to do with your Thai kids.

• Thanks 1