More Savannakhet questions

I know there's a lot on this topic but just have a few questions I couldn't find information on.

1. If I have 7 non o multi entry marriage visas from London, will there be any problems getting one at Savannakhet?

2. From what I've read I can only apply after my current visa expires.If for some reason I can't get the visa (IO having a bad day) Will I be let back in on visa exempt (30 days)?

3. I have my original marriage certificate. Do I need kor ror 2 as well?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Jimmy B said:

Anyone with more info. on if the the kor ror 2 is needed and How I'd get back in to Thailand if any problems came up. Cheers.

Already stated...

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

3. They do not normally ask for Kor Ror 2.

They need to see an original of your wedding certificate, a signed copy of your spouses ID card and Tibian Bahn (blue book), a letter from your wife requesting that they issue a visa for her husband and the fee.

What problems do you foresee with that?

Otherwise, you should get a standard 30-day visa-exempt entry if you strike out.

Kor Ror 2 not need at Savannakhet based on many posts I've read....just the original marriage certificate.

But some applicants take along a Kor Ror 2 just in case.  Getting a Kor Ror 2 is easy...assuming your marriage was registered properly in the national marriage database.  The wife can get it at any local district office...you don't need to go along....only takes a few minutes to get it (excluding possible queue waiting time) and around 10 baht....that's what the wife and I paid a few months ago in getting a Kor Ror 2 at a district office in Bangkok.

Thanks chaps. Wanted to go a couple of days before my visa expired incase any problems but from what I've read I will have to apply after my visa expires.Always sent my visa to London before expiration date, but maybe not the same case here..Anyway thanks for the info.

Edited by Jimmy B

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

1. No

2. No

3. They do not normally ask for Kor Ror 2.

2. From what I've read I can only apply after my current visa expires.If for some reason I can't get the visa (IO having a bad day) Will I be let back in on visa exempt (30 days)?

For 2, what to do ? Stay in Laos ? ask for tourist visa ? after how much time we can ask for an other visa ? visa on arrival is only when coming by plane, I guess...

16 hours ago, Jimmy B said:

Anyone with more info. on if the the kor ror 2 is needed and How I'd get back in to Thailand if any problems came up. Cheers.

updated kor ror 2 is not needed but for 10 or 20 baht why not get can be obtained from any office, i have always shown both original certificates from 14 years ago,

have you made full use of the old visa, ie entry just before expiry for a fresh 90 days.

14 day visa on arrival is not available to you, single entry as well as multi entry 90 day, tourist visa 60 day and visa exempt 30 days are, there should be no problem in getting the visa, but if the visa application fails, it will be on your part, not enough required paperwork etc.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I did my O Visa in Savannakhet 3 months ago. They did not ask for a Kor Ror 2 but for B20 I got it and had it with me.

Be sure to have your original marriage certificate.  They will ask for that.

And make sure the copy marriage cert is signed by you and your wife as well as her ID and TB copies by you and her as well.

Edited by Andycoops
spelling error

25 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

And make sure the copy marriage cert is signed by you and your wife

Not needed. I just got my Non O at Savannaket (3rd one) and purposely gave the Embassy Intake officer one that was unsigned/ No issue (yes, I had a signed one with me as a back-up).

My Multi Entry "O" visa was done on 26th November and this is what was required at Savannakhet.

1: Application form that is specific for Savannakhet with the words "multi entry" hand written after the Non-Imm "O" visa type.

2: copy of your passport information page signed by you

3: copy of marriage certificate signed by you

4: copy of wife's ID card signed by your wife

5: copy of wife's blue book signed by your wife

6: your original marriage certificate for them to see

7: your passport for the attatchment of the visa

8: 5000 Baht application fee

drop off application between 8:30 am and 11:00 am, pick up the following day between 2:00 pm and 4:30 pm

DO NOT go on a Friday or you will have to wait until Monday afternoon to pick your visa up.

No financials or letter from wife needed at Savannakhet.

Advice; carry plenty of small Thai currency 10, 20, 50 and 100 Baht with you as all businesses will accept Thai Baht but will only give change in Laos Kip.

Make sure that you use the correct application form and that you write "Multi Entry" on it before you go to the window or they will send you away to fill in the right form or write the "Multi Entry" on the form, they will not let you do it at the window.

Edited by Russell17au
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, jimn said:

Stop guessing the answer then lol

Wasn't a guess but I confused the spouse letter requirement with that's needed by the Thai Embassy in Saigon. My mate got his Non O multi there last April. Apart from that, it's same-same.

...unless it's different.

I rephrase my question ( why we can't quote the first message ? ) 

In the firsT message, Jimmy B asks

"2. From what I've read I can only apply after my current visa expires.If for some reason I can't get the visa (IO having a bad day) Will I be let back in on visa exempt (30 days)?" 

Ubon joe said " no " 

So, my question is, if for some reason, we can't get the visa , and if we can't go back on visa exempt, what is the solution ? stay in Laos for some time, how much time before asking an other visa,   get a plane ticket to Bangkok with an visa on arrival ? 

thanks 

ps: it concerns Thai consulate in Savannakhet

Edited by Aforek

4 minutes ago, Aforek said:

So, my question is, if for some reason, we can't get the visa , and if we can't go back on visa exempt, what is the solution ? stay in Laos for some time, how much time before asking an other visa,   get a plane ticket to Bangkok with an visa on arrival ? 

It think I misread his post when I wrote no or I just typed the wrong word.

It is yes for the 2nd part of his question number 2.

• Like 1

Hi,

Just a couple of further questions on this topic, if you don't mind.

I have attached the Visa Application form that was recommended on Thai Visa. Is it still the correct one?

Visa Application form:

Photos - Just two photos? Are they very strict on the size?

Section 2 - Permanent Address - should I put address in Thailand or home country?

Section 4 - Purpose of visit - is "visiting wife and kids" ok?

Date of a Previous Visit to Thailand - I'm coming off an extension to a Non-Imm 'B' visa which I've been on for almost 2 years. How should I answer their question?

Duration of Proposed Stay - should I put 90 days or one year? I'm applying for a multiple entry which means that normally I need to leave Thailand at or around the 90 day mark. However, I would like to make full use of the one year+. So, what is the best answer for the form?

Place of stay in Thailand - should I put the address on the housebook that my wife is registered in, or the address of where we currently live?

Section 5 - Who do I put as  guarantor in Laos? Can I put my wife as my guarantor in Thailand?

Section 6 - Do I sign and date this or is it only for Transit and Tourist visa applicants?

Regarding the other papers, in particular the ones to be signed by my wife, what kind of signature is required? I read somewhere they need to be signed within two diagonal lines with some note in Thai basically stating something like "This is a true signature", and it must be in blue ink. Is that correct?

I plan on going early next week. Any last minute tips or advice or changes in requirements in the last two weeks?

Many thanks.

MF

SVK-VisaForm.PDF

Edited by MagnumForce

8 hours ago, MagnumForce said:

Visa Application form:

Photos - Just two photos? Are they very strict on the size?

Is the form you posted a download for  this one. http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/contents/files/services-20190820-153837-960459.PDF

Only 2 photos are needed. The photos need to fit the space for them on the form. I think they want 3.5 X 4.5 cm photos.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Is the form you posted a download for  this one. http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/contents/files/services-20190820-153837-960459.PDF

Only 2 photos are needed. The photos need to fit the space for them on the form. I think they want 3.5 X 4.5 cm photos.

Yes, Ubonjoe. That's it! I think I got it from one of your previous posts. What about the other questions? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

MF

10 hours ago, MagnumForce said:

Section 2 - Permanent Address - should I put address in Thailand or home country?

Section 4 - Purpose of visit - is "visiting wife and kids" ok?

Your address here.

4. Yes

Date of a Previous Visit to Thailand - I'm coming off an extension to a Non-Imm 'B' visa which I've been on for almost 2 years. How should I answer their question?

When you last entered the country.

Duration of Proposed Stay - should I put 90 days or one year?

90 days.

Place of stay in Thailand - should I put the address on the housebook that my wife is registered in, or the address of where we currently live?

Where you are living now.

Section 5 - Who do I put as  guarantor in Laos? Can I put my wife as my guarantor in Thailand?

Section 6 - Do I sign and date this or is it only for Transit and Tourist visa applicants?

5. Leave blank

6. You have to sign the application.

Regarding the other papers, in particular the ones to be signed by my wife, what kind of signature is required?

Just her signature under the copy. Nothing else is needed.

Thanks for all that info, Ubonjoe.

One more thing. Is it worthwhile printing off a Laos visa on arrival application and filling it out in advance? If so, where might one can that most up-to-date and correct form? I will be using the Mukdahan to Savannakhet crossing and I heard the bus across the bridge to Savannakhet doesn't wait for people who have to do visas on arrival on the Laos side. 

30 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

One more thing. Is it worthwhile printing off a Laos visa on arrival application and filling it out in advance? If so, where might one can that most up-to-date and correct form?

Having the form completed saves time. Download here: https://www.laos-guide-999.com/support-files/laos-visa-on-arrival-form.pdf

You can also apply for a Lao visa online. See: https://laoevisa.gov.la/index

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Having the form completed saves time. Download here: https://www.laos-guide-999.com/support-files/laos-visa-on-arrival-form.pdf

Thank you, but is that not the form for Vientiane? It mentions Vientiane when you have to date the form.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can also apply for a Lao visa online. See: https://laoevisa.gov.la/index

Is that a legit website?

Edited by MagnumForce

6 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

Thank you, but is that not the form for Vientiane? It mentions Vientiane when you have to date the form.

I don't think it matters but here is one that says Savannakhet. Lao visa on arrival form.pdf153.93 kB · 292 downloads

7 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

Is that a legit website?

It is a official .gov website for Laos and it states it is the official website.

image.png.cf630fb2cd381214d2aeada885ddde12.png

The fee is $15 above the normal fee based upon your nationality. Click image.png.30d8ca8f6e9ed1fbcc1577b3c622eadd.pngat top of the page and then select your nationality.

One big advantage is that you do not get a full page visa sticker and you do not have to wait for the visa to be issued.