Phuket mahjong raid nets 46 gamblers

snoop1130

Phuket mahjong raid nets 46 gamblers

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1578300224_1-org.jpg

The raid this morning netted 46 gamblers. Photo: Phuket Provincial Police

PHUKET: A raid on a house in Wichit early this morning saw 46 people arrested for illegal gambling, police reported earlier today (Jan 6).

Col Bandit Khaosutham, Chief of the Phuket Provincial Police Investigation Division, reported that he received a tip-off 00:45am saying that people were gambling in the house, located in Moo 4, Wichit.

Col Bandit together with Wichit Police Deputy Chief Lt Col Thamsan Boonthong and other officers raided the house, where they found people gambling on mahjong.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-mahjong-raid-nets-46-gamblers-74267.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-01-06

On 1/6/2020 at 6:24 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Looks like some high roller won all the phones as a new game gets added to the banned list anyone for crib ???? 

yeah, this could and has gotten out of hand.  I grew up in the Northeast USA and to pass the time while inside on bad weather days, we played many board games, and card games, cribbage, Hi Lo Jack, Gin Rummy, Canasta, etc.  We never played for money.  Just kept score.  Sad to think that if I had a deck of cards in Thailand I could get in trouble.  Ah heck, one can bet on Chess Games, or any of thousands of other activities.