Survey finds most disagree with dual role of military top-brass

snoop1130

I get "You talk to mut".  My reply is 'I  live here to and I want to know what is going on so I  will ask questions till I get satisfactory answers.'  It took a while (10years) for her to figure out my position.  ????????????????  And I am on solid ground as I live here in Shytesville because she wants to live here.  But we do agree on the political situation.......even to a mango farmer girl the situation is unacceptable.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jester69 said:

The problem is that the Monarchy rule the Junta and they inturn manipulate the people and this will never change under this King! A shame that monmey stops the progress of a nation and its loyal subjects.

Absolutely correct. 

2 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Double roles.

Double salaries...

Free feeds.

Free uniforms. 

Transport provided. 

Plus the odd kick back. 

Life's good. 

For some...

And biggest kick back human trafficking 

In other countries it would be called a "conflict of interest". The army's job is to defend the sovereignty of a country following order from the government. 
Latter takes the orders from the voters - simplest explanation of democratic system. 

So we learn from that, that the army (lower level) cannot be the government (higher level). 

Obviously this was all taught at university in the past, in the meantime countries like Thailand prove this wrong - OR - possibly is not following the true script of democracy - me thinks ???? 

On 1/7/2020 at 4:18 AM, scorecard said:

Ever heard the local saying 'you think too mut'.

We can all laught but it does have meaning.

At Thai university my Thai son (high school educted in Singapore) was told sveral times 'you think too mut, you should accept what your told and not ask questions'. 

(And on a couple of occasions he was punished by professors for asking basic non confrontational questions, by grade reduction at the end of the course.)

Both he and you need to feel proud of yourselves, good to hear. 

• Confused 1

On 1/6/2020 at 10:56 PM, darksidedog said:

Its quite funny in a away that every time the army have taken power in a coup, it has only been a matter of time before they realised they were incapable of runing the economy and the country and gave the power back. Once again the economy is heading the wrong direction, so if history is a guide, Prayut and pals will be back on the parade ground again soon. Sooner the better really, for the sake of the country.

Did he not resign his milatary post and position to becoms a "civilain" to run for election ???????️‍♂️

On 1/6/2020 at 7:49 PM, BobbyL said:

In the 21st century a military or its staff should have absolutely no right in being involved in politics. This isn't the 1900s anymore. 

Unfortunately this as with many parts of Asia its a time honored thing, with Thailand it revolves around the Monarchy so there in lies the stumbling block, now after 22 Coups Thailand see's itself back into the nineteen seventy's and eighties, stagnant in progress and earmarked as an  emerging economy for the past forty years, the dumbing down of the education process is another trait of military rule. 

A parliment of Owles could do a bettter job ????

Banks, Politics plus Religion, the three obsticles of living, play a key role in dictating the hardships of the lives of the common person. All three are supposed to serve the public, but in reality the public are slaves to all three

What a wonderful life, the only one we all have and yet so screwed up and deprived by the above three mentioned power crazyed, ego minded, war mongering, money grabbing groups.

Is hell such a bad place? Living seems much worse!????

Edited by Sonhia
Mistake
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 6:56 PM, darksidedog said:

Its quite funny in a away that every time the army have taken power in a coup, it has only been a matter of time before they realised they were incapable of runing the economy and the country and gave the power back. Once again the economy is heading the wrong direction, so if history is a guide, Prayut and pals will be back on the parade ground again soon. Sooner the better really, for the sake of the country.

They are not working for the kingdom, mate, nor care about the majority of Thai people! CP leased the country, they’re just there to jump on the tanks