'Robin Hood' American arrested on three year overstay

webfact

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, legend49 said:

So the first slip up was 3 weeks ago when head Muppet of BIB told his staff to go easy on farang tourists we want their money. Now he says the Junta trough feeders want us out. Must make it a hard job for TAT.

Ceasefire for the holidays and the new year

and a quick return to reality... white males out.

44 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

well if its that bad, the airports are open 24/7. Why wait?

Because a lot of us actually own things and have assets here. Moving takes planning. We’re not living out of a suitcase on top of a beer bar like you apparently are.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Who ever told you he could not pay his hospital bills or did not have insurance ? Or needed medical treatment ?

you did " at the end of his life and clearly not well off"

it doesnt make sense that someone who cant afford a retirement extension would have great medical insurance. Unless of course you beleive he just "forgot" about 3 years of visa renewal , just an oversight?

3 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Well, if You go to a country and gain entry with the intention of staying, what do you call it

Completely different crimes , plus how do you know that was his original intention?

There are a whole lot of scenarios that force people to overstay. 

A lot of those are due to unscrupulous Thais

You need to educate yourself on the difference between overstay and illegal entry!

Why should the public be grasses to the police let them do what they are paid for .why make it easy for them to arrest overstayers . if you meet the criteria to get visa fine .i can understand why he wanted to stay for love of this country. 

what sort of life will he have being detained waiting to go back to the USA ?

4 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Completely different crimes , plus how do you know that was his original intention?

There are a whole lot of scenarios that force people to overstay. 

A lot of those are due to unscrupulous Thais

You need to educate yourself on the difference between overstay and illegal entry!

OK so sollee Mr.

have a great day ????

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

you did " at the end of his life and clearly not well off"

it doesnt make sense that someone who cant afford a retirement extension would have great medical insurance. Unless of course you beleive he just "forgot" about 3 years of visa renewal , just an oversight?

You can not afford to buy towels or bed linen in Thailand , yet have a condo . So now you assuming he can not or does not have insurance because he is not well off ????

3 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Overstaying is a civil matter in most 'real' countries that have politicians running them

Also overstaying is a victimless crime.  Mindless comparing it to paedopholia !

You didn’t answer my question. Who’s to decide what makes a severe crime and what the right punishment is? You? 

48 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Laws............. in Thailand???? 

I guess we are there again with a not so clever comment. I will ask you a question.

Do you feel there is rules and regulations in Thailand that you have to obey to be able to stay here?
(If so, then they are mostly laws. You know, the ones you are laughing at above)

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I guess we are there again with a not so clever comment. I will ask you a question.

Do you feel there is rules and regulations in Thailand that you have to obey to be able to stay here?
(If so, then they are mostly laws. You know, the ones you are laughing at above)

NO

9 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

NO

I was actually expecting such a childish and arrogant answer from you. You know that it is laws that you have to obey to stay here, even if you are a tough guy that think you can fool people to believe you. I would assume you are shaking when you stand in front of an IO.

However, this RH-US-man did not se it as relevant. The result for him to be that blind are now a fact.

Maybe you are telling the truth, and you do not see any laws you need to follow. Yeah, then maybe it will be you we see in the next news article of the same kind.

Good luck with your life in Thailand with that attitude. That is all the answer I need to understand why the Thai authorities think like they do about foreigners.

Just now, phantomfiddler said:

Without the Farang presence in Thailand, the country would revert to a 4th World population ????

Really!!?? Looks like you are used to overrating your own value. Thailand would do just as good without us.

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

"False message": "Farangs in Thailand are generally criminals and a burden on Thai society". IME it's only a tiny minority of expats that are criminals and a burden on Thai society. For the vast majority of expats, the opposite is true. Not enough to get in a sweat about and targetting a lot of resources on, Particularly, as you say, there are much bigger fish to contend with. "Let he without sin cast the first stone".

Completely agree.  This campaign of continually asking  the  average person to turn in someone they 'suspect' of being on overstay or no work permit smacks of  targetting all foreigners as  potential criminals  and paints the wrong picture of  what is really happening.

There are many more Thai criminals than foreigners. There is a huge diference between anyone who overstays a Visa or has no work permit and bank robbery; murder and rape.  In my 50 years of living and coming  to Thailand the number of foreigners involved in hard crime is negligible.

The majority of foreigners in Thailand live a normal, peacful existence.  How would anyone know the Visa status or Work Peremit status of anyone else .  This type of reporting nonsense only encourages people to report foreigners who they 'think' might be illegal and cast all foreigners as potential criminals.    

I think its straight forward no excuses 

We all know the rules on immigration and staying in Thailand

The 90 day reporting TM 30 yearly retirement ect 

I am in the process of applying for the yearly marriage retirement visa and the amount of paperwork involved is eye opening was in immigration yesterday 3 hours just gritted my teeth and got on with it

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand so much that he wanted to live out his remaining days in the country. But he lived like Robin Hood. 

By this Thaivisa notes that they probably just meant that he was a person living outside the law.

They've long since misappropriated the term outlaw for people on visa violations (exemplified by the long series of operation outlaw foreigner campaigns).

Maybe though he was just living like a merrie man. 

46 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I was actually expecting such a childish and arrogant answer from you. You know that it is laws that you have to obey to stay here, even if you are a tough guy that think you can fool people to believe you. I would assume you are shaking when you stand in front of an IO.

However, this RH-US-man did not se it as relevant. The result for him to be that blind are now a fact.

Maybe you are telling the truth, and you do not see any laws you need to follow. Yeah, then maybe it will be you we see in the next news article of the same kind.

Good luck with your life in Thailand with that attitude. That is all the answer I need to understand why the Thai authorities think like they do about foreigners.

Never been arrested or spent a second in a police station

I have a set of morals codes that I abide by, not some jumped up junta <deleted>

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Anyone who is supportive of these overstayers hope you don't complain when they tighten up the rules.

30 or 60 day reporting in the future?  You never know what these selfish criminals may cause..

And pray tell how they made it easier for people who have towed the line for the last 25 years ??

All stick and absolutely no papaya

Don;t know how these guys do it - overstaying so long - I feel guilty enough just going for my 90 days, fearing 20 immigration officers will jump on me for filling the form in wrong.

Funny enough today at 90 day report an male officer gave my daughter a bag of crisps and we got a smile from my lady IO - so I guess they aint all bad

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

And how many of those are there? And how many Thais in goal on the same charges?

The official figure is 50%, but some sources say 80%, for the amount of people in Thai prisons on drugs charges.

There are 288,000 male prisoners in Thai prisons, the sixth highest amount in the world, the incarceration rate is three times that of the UK.

Foreigners make up 4.8%, about 13,000.

1 minute ago, Andrew65 said:

The official figure is 50%, but some sources say 80%, for the amount of people in Thai prisons on drugs charges.

There are 288,000 male prisoners in Thai prisons, the sixth highest amount in the world, the incarceration rate is three times that of the UK.

Foreigners make up 4.8%, about 13,000.

288,000 POOR male prisoners. Not one of wealth in the whole system, unless they have upset numero uno!

Archived