Plastic bag ban: Thai drives his motorcycle into Lotus to get his shopping

webfact

Plastic bag ban: Thai drives his motorcycle into Lotus to get his shopping

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thailand's social media was in meltdown after a motorcyclist drove his bike into a branch of Tesco Lotus Express to get his shopping. 

He seemed to be annoyed that he was going to be charged 3 baht for a bag after the plastic bag ban started in Thailand on New Year's Day. 

Daily News reported that netizens were both laughing at the "drama" and calling it all terribly inappropriate.

The man behind the stunt seemed to be revelling in his new found few minutes of fame - especially in China - but said love him or loathe him "don't have a pop at my parents".

Khukhot police in Pathum Thani were not amused. 

A stony faced Pol Col Eknirut Wansiriphak said this happened on his patch (an area north of the capital Bangkok on Pahonyothin Road outbound at an Esso station). 

He said that social media calls for the arrest of the man on traffic violations would not wash as this happened off road. 

But they knew who it was and were issuing a summons to the man who could be fined 5,000 baht for a public annoyance offence. 

Thaivisa advises taking a cloth bag for shopping and parking your vehicle outside. 

Sources: Daily News | Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-07

Merely an extension of their laziness, they won't even park up to buy something from a roadside vendor and prefer to ride up close enough so they don't need to get off, I've seen them riding through local markets because they are too lazy to carry what they buy back to there bikes, bone lazy as well as brainless.

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Heres me going on about him taking his bike into Tesco, when i ride mine around big C every week.

????

Yes i am too damn lazy to get off and walk.:cheesy:

Great minds Colin.

I was just about to make a similar comment :whistling: 

At least yours is clean, green and zero emissions.

Should have thrown him out. He could easily cart his goods to his little scooter. 

If we really want to protest the policy, we should simply fill a cart to overflowing and offload as much as possible onto the conveyor. Then, when they neglect to bag the stuff, act all surprised, insist on bags, then storm off when they refuse .... ????

Great fun - keep these stunts rolling! Maybe plastic bags will return. Today at my local Government Hospital - pharmacy no longer provides plastic carrier bag to take away all my medication for my diabetes, but throughout the hospital complex, the mini-mart and all the stalls selling food, clothing etc. WERE providing single use plastic carrier bags, also plastic straws with drinks, as normal - makes a complete mockery of the plastic ban.

4 hours ago, Pungdo said:

Merely an extension of their laziness, they won't even park up to buy something from a roadside vendor and prefer to ride up close enough so they don't need to get off, I've seen them riding through local markets because they are too lazy to carry what they buy back to there bikes, bone lazy as well as brainless.

And now going to pay a 5,00 baht fine while trying to save 3 baht on a bag.
Thai mentality sometimes surprises me when I think I've witnessed it al !

"Plastic bag ban: Thai drives his motorcycle into Lotus to get his shopping".

Well they ride their motorbikes through the indoor markets pumping their horns for you to get out of their way. So why not just ride their bikes into the supermarket?

7 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

Should have thrown him out. He could easily cart his goods to his little scooter. 

If we really want to protest the policy, we should simply fill a cart to overflowing and offload as much as possible onto the conveyor. Then, when they neglect to bag the stuff, act all surprised, insist on bags, then storm off when they refuse .... ????

I did that...well not overflowing and not storming off but I said I want to return all stuff. Suddenly I got bags offered.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that social media calls for the arrest of the man on traffic violations would not wash as this happened off road. 

A law preventing people from riding or driving motorized vehicles into any building (where it's accessed by the public) would make some sense, wouldn't it? 

It's funny how some people, like that clown, just love to show the world what whiny privileged jerks they are. 

Archived