Marriage question

Farangdanny

You will need to attend your Embassy in Thailand and make a stat dec certified that you are free to marry. If married previously you will need a Decri Nisi also certified. In addition they  will give you a document to certify your passport. These documents then need to be translated into Thai and certified. 

Present at the Amphur with your wife to be with her house book and IC and 2 witnesses, and they will register the marriage and give you 2 copies of the marriage certificate.

Amphur cost is minimal, Embassy and translation costs are not.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yes, you must be both legally free to marry, however, if you are divorced in another country you are still married in Thailand, unles you you file and translate your foreign divorce documents. Consequently, I have one wife in Thailand and one wife in China. Hopefully, one will get rich !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

If you are married in Thailand and then proceed on to a divorce,,,,,say in Canada. The Thai authorities have no knowledge of that divorce,  unless you submit a divorce decree in Thai to to the Ampur where you were married. Then you are divorced in Thailand and can remarry. As we were registering our daughter for ID at 23 yrs....we had to provide all the house papers, marriage documents etc. to prove her citizenship. My ex stated 'divorced' and was told she did not file her international divorce with Thailand so 'in Thailand ' she is still considered married. The foreign divorce was 12 years ago........we just did not consider registering our divorce in Thailand. I later remarried in China using my Canadian divorce status. Some provinces in China require me to go to China for a divorce and take a finger print, which is why you must be present. Divorce is the last thing we think about when considering marriage, but probably the first think to consider.

4 hours ago, Teak said:

If you are married in Thailand and then proceed on to a divorce,,,,,say in Canada. The Thai authorities have no knowledge of that divorce,  unless you submit a divorce decree in Thai to to the Ampur where you were married. Then you are divorced in Thailand and can remarry. As we were registering our daughter for ID at 23 yrs....we had to provide all the house papers, marriage documents etc. to prove her citizenship. My ex stated 'divorced' and was told she did not file her international divorce with Thailand so 'in Thailand ' she is still considered married. The foreign divorce was 12 years ago........we just did not consider registering our divorce in Thailand. I later remarried in China using my Canadian divorce status. Some provinces in China require me to go to China for a divorce and take a finger print, which is why you must be present. Divorce is the last thing we think about when considering marriage, but probably the first think to consider.

you didn't say that in your other post here is what you said 

15 hours ago, Teak said:

Yes, you must be both legally free to marry, however, if you are divorced in another country you are still married in Thailand, unles you you file and translate your foreign divorce documents. Consequently, I have one wife in Thailand and one wife in China. Hopefully, one will get rich !

please do not post something without explaining it fully, ''if you are divorced in another country you are still married in Thailand'' does not explain it fully

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, steve187 said:

you didn't say that in your other post here is what you said 

please do not post something without explaining it fully, ''if you are divorced in another country you are still married in Thailand'' does not explain it fully

I understood what he meant the first time.

If the OP doesn't understand then the OP can ask for an explanation.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Doi Saket

I was married in Doi Saket in November 2018.  I needed all the documents as stated above by MAF666 in post number 3.  I will say they were quite congenial and helpful. One lady who spoke English gave me all the requirements needed without alerting my wife to be. Also as someone already posted; Star Visa did all the government leg work on the Thai side.  The Amphur did not ask for two witnesses as their staff volunteered for that. 

On 1/7/2020 at 4:01 PM, Teak said:

So one of your marriages is bigamous?  Let's hope that wife isn't the one who gets rich.

Edited by Just Weird

46 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Decri Nisi [sic]?  Are you sure about that, isn't a decree absolute required?

Absolutely correct. Decree Absolute is required. 

It seems just weird how Google translates Latin to Oz.

Honestly... do a quick search to get you started on the obvious things that will be needed. Beyond that, you have to go down to the Ampur you will be dealing with. They can give a list of what THEY will need. As previously pointed out, each Ampur will have different requirements. I used a service, it was not a lot, I think I paid 8000 baht. But it was all facilitated nicely within three days. I am not endorsing Siam Legal... just providing this video for the basics.