Americans increasingly critical of Trump's record on Iran, most expect war - Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

This is nothing more than the same game that Bush and Ahmadinejad (last Iran's president) played. Fast boats passed by American ships and oil price plunged due to insecurity. It is all about oil and weapons market in the region. Even Saddam had no chemicals, but he was a renegade regarding oil.

There will be no war and the real threat planner has eliminated. 

The game continues over oil and weapons sell.

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Without a war Trump is toast.

With a war he has a chance of being re elected. Just self preservation

Unfortunately most Americans are too ingrown to see it & too late once a fully fledged war starts

along with the misery any war brings

This crisis also draws peoples attention away from the impeachment hearings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Many in America are ignorant when it comes to world affairs and will not be able to point to where Iran is on the world map, many American things that the US should not meddle in other countries affairs, but those people doesn't realise that it doesn't work that way and if the US want to remain a superpower, it have and must get itself involved or troubles even at costs of US soldiers or troubles will find their ways to their doorsteps wherever they are and whether they like it or not...

Hence, the US and its allies are responsible, directly or indirectly for most of the misery on this planet.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, elmrfudd said:

Yes nonsense. I fully agree that the wars started were never going to solve any of the problems these countries had and still have. But to say that we are responsible for the majority of the world's problems is ridiculous. 

Good. You are from the US obviously.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

And you are obviously not aware of the problems in the world that the US has nothing to do with. 

Sure, I admit I am not an expert on world economy as much as you. But, sometimes I read a little bit on what REAL experts write about world affairs on this thing called the internet.

Here is just an example (of course you may say this also is nonsense! Article

Yes, ignorance is absolute bliss, I agree. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, elmrfudd said:

So one article is now your source of knowledge about the ridiculous claims that you have made about misery in the world? 

Yes, ignorance is quite a sad thing to watch. 

I admire your brevity! I guess you want me to spam this forum with 100's of articles! Do not be emotional, just read and try to understand situations with an OPEN mind. Tunnel vision can be very unhealthy!

Kindly, dont bother to answer this post and I will end it as I dont want to post nonsense repeatedly and bore other readers. Have a pleasant evening, you need it!

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Now the price of oil is going to rise,and therefore everything else,

inflation will increase,the future is not looking good.

as America has been an oil exporter for years, the price of America products probably won't increase, so just start buying American...  Trump is MEGA ... 

2 hours ago, Catoholic said:

as America has been an oil exporter for years, the price of America products probably won't increase, so just start buying American...  Trump is MEGA ... 

Because the price of oil in American won't jump up if it does so in the rest of the world? When has that ever happened?

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

Many in America are ignorant when it comes to world affairs and will not be able to point to where Iran is on the world map, many American things that the US should not meddle in other countries affairs, but those people doesn't realise that it doesn't work that way and if the US want to remain a superpower, it have and must get itself involved or troubles even at costs of US soldiers or troubles will find their ways to their doorsteps wherever they are and whether they like it or not...

Really? I would bet that you are wrong. How many Americans have been to the Middle East? How many of their family members have kept track of where they are or where they have been? My guess is way more than most other countries. You are forgetting the hundreds of thousands of military and civilian contractors.

• Thanks 1

Maybe Trump really did have a plan?

The Only Winner of the U.S.-Iran Showdown Is Russia

Iraq could soon expel U.S. forces from the country in response. With no troops in Iraq, the United States will find it hard to sustain a presence in Syria. That void would create more maneuverability for Moscow in the region—essentially, cementing its position as a regional power broker.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/01/russian-iran-iraq-putin-soleimani.html

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Maybe Trump really did have a plan?

The Only Winner of the U.S.-Iran Showdown Is Russia

Iraq could soon expel U.S. forces from the country in response. With no troops in Iraq, the United States will find it hard to sustain a presence in Syria. That void would create more maneuverability for Moscow in the region—essentially, cementing its position as a regional power broker.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/01/russian-iran-iraq-putin-soleimani.html

And maybe China

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/07/asia/iran-us-china-middle-east-intl-hnk/index.html

• Haha 2

Had to be done and previous presidents bar none would have done the same thing (probably sooner). Folk of today (cue SJWs) are just more critical if you tread on someone's cat. Trouble with Trump is he lets himself down a little bit when he opens his mouth.

4 hours ago, Thorgal said:

“Terrorist” General?

Can you explain why you use the word “terrorist”?

I thought he was deeply involved in contra-terrorism against latest franchise of AQ and/or IS in the region (Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Yemen).

Shall we strike French General Villepin in Another country with a drone like a “terrorist” due to the sometimes aggressive movement of the Gillets Jaunes?

Iranian Embassy/Consulate in Kerbala was burned lately by radical militants. That’s why Suleymani was in Iraq. Shia population from Iraq can only count on Iranian external military aid to protect their Holy City of Kerbala.

I think you're the first person outside of (suppressed) Iran I've seen defending that animal Soleimani. Well, apart from Jeremy Corbyn that is...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, natway09 said:

Without a war Trump is toast.

With a war he has a chance of being re elected. Just self preservation

Unfortunately most Americans are too ingrown to see it & too late once a fully fledged war starts

along with the misery any war brings

IMO the only thing that would lose Trump the election is Americans coming back in body bags.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, candide said:

If prices rise too much it will likely induce a global economic crisis and the US economy is not isolated from the rest of the world.

The economy has already been shaken by the tariffs war and does not need an oil crisis.

Apparently the bankers have been trying to repeat the sort of funny money policies that caused 2007/8 so another world wide economic disaster may happen with or without a war, oil price rises etc.

BTW won't more expensive oil make the greenies happy? They want less oil used.

• Like 1