Moving my visa money into fixed account

2 hours ago, pauleddy said:

I am pondering whether to quit, and return to my ex-home in Spain.

The 800k is in a normal SCB account.

If i go, can I just transfer the money to my UK a/cs, or do the banks notify Immig of no 800k any more? Or should I just spend it as living expenses and run it down, provided I leave in time? It's a lot to spend.

Once your Non - Immigrant 0 is done, you can wait a the required 3 months, show the 800,000 ... then spend down the rest, since the remaining 90 day reports has nothing to do bank balances.  You can fly out the day your Non-Immigrant O expires ... having broken no laws.

28 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Once your Non - Immigrant 0 is done, you can wait a the required 3 months, show the 800,000 ... then spend down the rest, since the remaining 90 day reports has nothing to do bank balances.  You can fly out the day your Non-Immigrant O expires ... having broken no laws.

Spend 800k in Thailand and then go home? What's the point doing that? He can repatriate his money through his bank and then leave. Immigration won't have a clue. 

Usually with a fixed term deposit acc....you get 2 passbooks....one with the term deposit value and the 2nd for interest payments...these payments are made into the 2nd passbook when the passbook is updated.

Immigration accept this form.....as long as it is a commercial bank and not a cooperative bank

7 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Usually with a fixed term deposit acc....you get 2 passbooks....one with the term deposit value and the 2nd for interest payments...these payments are made into the 2nd passbook when the passbook is updated.

Immigration accept this form.....as long as it is a commercial bank and not a cooperative bank

I use FD a/c. One bankbook. Green k bank.

BTW to people thinking of using FD at CW they demand "activity" on day of application. For savings a/c no issue just deposit 100baht. Small prob with FD is minimum deposit can be 1000baht+

interesting thread. I have been out of Thailand for 2 yrs now ...returning annually ONLY to re-new my permission to stay. I have been looking into any " new" requirements in preparation for this years re-newal.

The money in bank AFTER renewal is new to me....but not an issue . I have a FTD  with bangkok bank and another account for day to day expenses. I send money to the savings account and my partner transfers into the ftd account if and when required.( only if she has " borrowed" from the ftd account without telling me ). I have NEVER in the past 4 renewals been asked to show the day to day living account book at immigration....but always have it with me just in case. BOTH accounts are in my name only....but my thai partner is a signatory on both so can access the ftd if necessary.

I do a 450k and a 400k FD, maturing at different times, but not 2 months before of three months after...that way if they are deposited in my savings account upon maturity, I can go back in at my leisure and reinvest, without losing continuity, or going below 400k ever.  I do 850k because technically, if you have been getting monthly interest, their redemption value will be several thousand baht less, because you would owe back the difference of what you have been getting, and their regular savings rate..but most IOs are not that smart.  I also don't want to show them the savings books, which have lots of entries and little money as my atm is attached to it.  Last month, the rookie IO insisted on an update that day and ended up buying a 6 month fd for 10,000 THB, just to get an entry for the day of the letter.  They do carry forward the balance every time interest posts, but that was going to be a weekend...CM didn't care, Nonthaburi did...and he was steering me towards regular savings, but like most they have little understanding of banking.

Edited by moontang

7 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

The better deals often require monthly payments, which require a savings, some do not, but their is an entry for it each month, in the fixed book...so I don't even show the regular book..just more unnecessary copies.

• 1 month later...

FYI I went to CW recently, and asked this specific question.

Sat down in front of the boss. Very friendly.

I was told after the seasoning period is over I can move the money, as long as the new book shows the same date transfer, and there are no breaks. Take both books to CW next year.

I suggest as mentioned previously that you check that the same date will appear on the new book before you do it.