U.S. House to vote this week to limit Trump's military actions on Iran - Pelosi

webfact

Why do Reuters insist on calling the IRGC "elite"?

They are a bunch of religious fanatics who persecute, torture and murder their own citizens and have created a position of power for themselves as a paramilitary force within their country. Against professional opposition they've achieved diddly squat.

9 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

And what do you think would be a wiser strategy to deal with a devious rogue state run by a bunch of fanatical religious zealots orchestrating proxy attacks against your citizens?

How would you have dealt with an Iranian dubious commander being in another country organizing armed insurgents to attack your and allied personnel?

How about bit of self reflection on how US destabilized the region and how about US intervention to help Shah dictatorial absolute rule over Iran and suppressed demand for democracy.     

• Like 2

4 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Republicans in Senate Lee and Paul said this was the worst ever presentation and will vote for this.

You underestimate the root of the Americans. They have relly become a poor country, and seek extreme solutions. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, yardrunner said:

but in this case the USA behaved like a terrorist organisation, and they started this episode

No.  They responded like a terrorist organization and that is the only way to respond to these people.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

How about bit of self reflection on how US destabilized the region and how about US intervention to help Shah dictatorial absolute rule over Iran and suppressed demand for democracy.     

OK, agreed that the past administrations have been disastrously inept. Now a president wants to get out and you still want to moan and deride every single move to feed your ideology. 

What is your solution since you are the obvious anointed one that has the answers 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:
21 minutes ago, atyclb said:

why is it nancy pelosi reminds me of women i've seen at AA meetings?

Because in all probability you have?

AA moderator asks Nancy....so Nancy, would you like to share?

Nancy says, no chuck, Im holding on to it for now.

you're killing me

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Tell me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Trump have to sign off on any new law for it to become binding?

However, I believe that if the numbers that vote for a bill are sufficient it does not require his assent. I do doubt that bar will be crossed though, which makes it look like just more point scoring to me.

Your comments are not accurate by being too general in nature. Under US “checks and balances” between the Executive Branch and the Legislative Branch: only Congress can pass laws. Then the President can Veto (actual or pocket Veto). But the Congress can override the President’s Veto. Devil is in the details with many possible scenarios. This without bringing in the “checks and balances” dealing with the Judicial Branch of the US national government.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Pelosi and her gang have no talking points except Trump. That's all they ever do.

Waste the time of the people. She got her bottom soundly spanked by Mitch and

still comes back for more. Amazing!

All they ever do? Drunk already?

the McConnell has so many bills from Congress sitting on his desk that it’s not funny.... mad Mitch needs to stop fiddling with other people’s bottoms and get on with business.... damn, he even brags about deliberately frustrating Congress.... what a bunch of useless incompetents... no wonder americans suffer under what is deemed to be a dodgy democracy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elmrfudd said:

OK, agreed that the past administrations have been disastrously inept. Now a president wants to get out and you still want to moan and deride every single move to feed your ideology. 

What is your solution since you are the obvious anointed one that has the answers 

What do you think is Trump long term strategy for Iraq if he got one. Will start from there. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

What do you think is Trump long term strategy for Iraq if he got one. Will start from there. 

Give it to Iran? They almost already did, and soon they will hunt for those behind war crimes done against them in the 80íes. Just as we would have done in the west. 

8 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

It appears that the Iranians did the least possible amount of damage so the Iranian public would be appeased...

This drama will fade as new news takes over...

Looks to me that Iran fell for Trump's bluff.  Smart move for them incase it is not a bluff.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Theory said:

Why doesn't she send some more "cash" to Iran to help their military and missile industry !!! Obama and Kerry will make a perfect team for such mission,

experienced ????????. The Iran's government is short for their annual budget. Why do you think their missiles missed ?

Because they really did not intend to damage anything since they can not even afford a "one month" war. They will break easily from inside by own people. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/fact-checking-trumps-address-on-the-iran-missile-attacks/ar-BBYKEcW?li=BBnb7Kz

38 minutes ago, rhyddid said:

Deep State or Trump far right pushing him very strong, but the wigged blonde do not want make a war ?
or 
Simply the fellow is unstable and one day want to bomb museum and historical cultural temples (such the taliban did ) and the next day says he do not want a war ? 

one thing is sure the Iranians informed the Iraqi about the strike and Iraqi officially informed US , so understand why no deaths or injuries ? 

Our Military is the strongest in the WORLD. This is just more proof.

33 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

She OWNS trump

she owns an alcohol dependence problem...and the two piddly articles of impeachment

she's holding on to for fear that they amount to nothing. We've all moved on...suggest you do too.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

thanks for the totally unqualified opinion.

Because it takes a rational person to threaten not to leave Iraq unless the Iraqis pay for the infrastructure built by the USA. In effect, to declare the US an occupier.

Or  to threaten to give Syrian oil wells to Exxon.

How more rational can someone get?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:
4 hours ago, atyclb said:

why is it nancy pelosi reminds me of women i've seen at AA meetings?

recovering drunk Let me go read ALL your posts LOL

lol. would be nothing to be ashamed of. i have met some great people at aa meetings.

my journey and quest for answers and the reason why began at alanon where i attended multiple weekly meeting religiously. 

owing to my "thirst for knowledge" pun intended i went to an open aa meeting. wanted to get the perspective from the other side. phenomenal and eye opening to say the least. hearing the stories that utterly floored me. after that i attended numerous aa meetings and i felt welcome by the attendees.  i learned a great deal.

i saw my former lovely wife go down the path of alcoholism and the deterioration.

Edited by atyclb