U.S. House to vote this week to limit Trump's military actions on Iran - Pelosi

webfact

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They have to create lots and lots of laws if they want to control Trump. And that still won't stop him because it seems he doesn't know the laws and he doesn't care about them.

There is only one real solution: Remove Trump! And be sure the next person you vote for is calm and competent. 

They can not do it because they do not have a majority in the house and senate that would pass such laws with a two thirds majority vote so it wouldn't be vetoed. This stuff is so simple.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Tell me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Trump have to sign off on any new law for it to become binding?

However, I believe that if the numbers that vote for a bill are sufficient it does not require his assent. I do doubt that bar will be crossed though, which makes it look like just more point scoring to me.

Republicans in Senate Lee and Paul said this was the worst ever presentation and will vote for this.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pelosi said on Monday the House would vote on a war powers resolution, but did not provide many details on its timing then.

Why doesn't she send some more "cash" to Iran to help their military and missile industry !!! Obama and Kerry will make a perfect team for such mission,

experienced ????????. The Iran's government is short for their annual budget. Why do you think their missiles missed ?

Because they really did not intend to damage anything since they can not even afford a "one month" war. They will break easily from inside by own people. 

Edited by The Theory
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Why doesn't she send some more "cash" to Iran to help their military and missile industry !!! Obama and Kerry will make a perfect team for such mission,

experienced ????????. The Iran's government is short for their annual budget. Why do you think their missiles missed ?

Because they really did not intend to damage anything since they can not even afford a "one month" war. They will break easily from inside by own people. 

Not sure your comment meant for humor but it’s seem amorphous. Congress authorize dispensation of aids not individuals even for Trump. Read the Logan Act and try understand the criminology regarding unauthorized persons negotiating with foreign powers. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Not sure your comment meant for humor but it’s seem amorphous. Congress authorize dispensation of aids not individuals even for Trump. Read the Logan Act and try understand the criminology regarding unauthorized persons negotiating with foreign powers. 

Like talking to the Iranians that was done before Obama took office or when Kerry was advising them after he was out of office? Like those examples you mean? Or when Ted Kennedy was going to the Russians to try and make Reagan lose the election. 

Do you mean like these examples that were never prosecuted and ignored by the media? 

There wouldn't be a double standard in your world would there be? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

Like talking to the Iranians that was done before Obama took office or when Kerry was advising them after he was out of office? Like those examples you mean? Or when Ted Kennedy was going to the Russians to try and make Reagan lose the election. 

Do you mean like these examples that were never prosecuted and ignored by the media? 

There wouldn't be a double standard in your world would there be? 

Wonder why they were not investigated. Lack or no evidence? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Tell me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Trump have to sign off on any new law for it to become binding?

However, I believe that if the numbers that vote for a bill are sufficient it does not require his assent. I do doubt that bar will be crossed though, which makes it look like just more point scoring to me.

It's all point scoring as this very non democratic Democrat tries to pretend she's really running the country.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Wonder why they were not investigated. Lack or no evidence? 

Probably because of left wing sympathies in media and state bureaucracy.

It's highly fashionable to be seen to be politically correct in certain countries power centers. And that means turning a blind eye to anything those with "the correct political views" do.

Trump, loose canon that he is, must horrify all the politically correct because of his bull-in-a-china-shop approach which is throwing the lid off things they'd preferred buried.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Note to House. Do this quick before crazy Trump start WW3. 

And what do you think would be a wiser strategy to deal with a devious rogue state run by a bunch of fanatical religious zealots orchestrating proxy attacks against your citizens?

How would you have dealt with an Iranian dubious commander being in another country organizing armed insurgents to attack your and allied personnel?

• Sad 1