5 Months and 800,000 baht

6 minutes ago, izod10 said:

800K  Id get shut  baht will be doing a nose dive soon.

About agents....I use income ,because of baht increase was short by few months (only 1k) never looked  at income.   Immigration desk,yes immigration number 8 jontiem,lady quietly stated that will be 5k thank you extra,..now an agent stated he was doing it for me for a cheap price of 9k     (one year renewal )  go to desk    ,half price

9k thats cheap ????thought it was 15.cheaper still at 5????

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Why would you say that without a little more qualification? If a person  applies for a retirement extension, why would using an agent to do all the legwork and vet the paperwork be 'illegal' and corrupt? 

It is a bit of an old chestnut here, but even if an agent is used to facilitate an extension, bypassing the usual requirements, isn't there a legal facility for an IO to sign off on this, legitimately? 

"why would using an agent to do all the legwork and vet the paperwork be 'illegal' and corrupt?"

If an immigration officer gets paid to bypass official requirements,then it's corruption and illegal. You can even pay at some immigration offices instead of using an agent,without a receipt of course. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Why would you say that without a little more qualification? If a person  applies for a retirement extension, why would using an agent to do all the legwork and vet the paperwork be 'illegal' and corrupt? 

It is a bit of an old chestnut here, but even if an agent is used to facilitate an extension, bypassing the usual requirements, isn't there a legal facility for an IO to sign off on this, legitimately? 

I meant he gave false information. He got the agent to put the money in the bank for a day. Obviously, bent IO involved.

Are you saying this isn't illegal and corrupt?

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Only certain high ranking officers. From police order 327/2557.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

IMO it is signed off by an officer that approved the application with some documents attached to it that were not legit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I meant he gave false information. He got the agent to put the money in the bank for a day. Obviously, bent IO involved.

They don't even borrow money from an agent anymore. Earlier when they did, they just borrowed money for 3 months. Now with the new requirements that's not possible.  The agent pay the IO to entirely ignore the financial requirements. But then they have to use an agent over and over again unless their financial situation gets better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

No I am not, but I think your statement of..

Visa shops are working illegally. Anyone getting a retirement visa through an agent is participating and aiding corruption.

may not apply all the time.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

IMO it is signed off by an officer that approved the application with some documents attached to it that were not legit.

And of course this senior officer is turning a blind eye. I wonder how the agents are such good friends? 

I'd say that many thousands of pensioners here are aiding corruption, which is holding Thailand back from being a developed country.

If you are one of then, please don't complain about corruption elsewhere.

It needs a senior politician to look into this massive scandal.

Perhaps the anti corruption committe should be informed.

I know single guys who have been in Khon Kaen, Korat, and Udon, for a year or two who can't satisfy the requirements to stay and pay bent agents to get them a visa for about $500 a year, where I, married, working, kids, here for decades have to go to great trouble to stay here legally.

Edited by Neeranam

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I know single guys who have been in Khon Kaen, Korat, and Udon, for a year or two who can't satisfy the requirements to stay and pay bent agents to get them a visa for about $500 a year, where I, married, working, kids, here for decades have to go to great trouble to stay here legally.

It doesn't sound like you go to any more trouble than they do! If you have kids, staying here is easy. You can chose 1 of 3 options,

Edited by jacko45k

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

And of course this senior officer is turning a blind eye. I wonder how the agents are such good friends? 

I'd say that many thousands of pensioners here are aiding corruption, which is holding Thailand back from being a developed country.

If you are one of then, please don't complain about corruption elsewhere.

It needs a senior politician to look into this massive scandal.

Perhaps the anti corruption committe should be informed.

If you don't meet the financial requirements for a long term stay, there are only one solution, using an agent,otherwise you have to leave the country. 

On 1/10/2020 at 3:59 PM, Just Weird said:

i.e. none of them as no agents would lend on the basis originally suggested by Sumarianson.

Just look online to satisfy yourself and call a few numbers as others have you will soon inform yourself as to whether what I say is true or not. I know what I am talking about. However, it is not my place to supply you or anyone else with agent names. Before accusing do a little of your own investigation. This problem is not resolved by these new measures but has affected severely, honest people like myself who are doing our best to comply with more and more draconian measures by the IO.

Edited by Sumarianson

• 2 weeks later...

Pattaya - Regarding reporting 800,000 after 3 months, I obtained 1 year extension this week. I was not given an appointment or informed that this reporting was required. However I was informed by a colleague who also renewed this week there is a poster at the desk in broken English which implies it is. When he asked the officer she concurred.

They haven't made this idiot proof in the same way as 90 day reporting, with appointment date. I will, in any case, comply with the financial rule, and take another visit to confirm above. Comments of your recent experience please?

On 1/15/2020 at 8:34 AM, Max69xl said:

If you don't meet the financial requirements for a long term stay, there are only one solution, using an agent,otherwise you have to leave the country. 

As far as I know there is only one way to stay long-term in Thailand without financial requirements to be met, and that's the 1-year Multi-Entry Non Imm O - marriage Visa, that can be applied for at the thai consulate in Savannakhet, HCMC or Yangon.  It does however require 3-monthly border-hops, as you can stay only 90 days (but each entry can be extended with 2 months).

2 hours ago, oneton said:

Pattaya - Regarding reporting 800,000 after 3 months, I obtained 1 year extension this week. I was not given an appointment or informed that this reporting was required. However I was informed by a colleague who also renewed this week there is a poster at the desk in broken English which implies it is. When he asked the officer she concurred.

They haven't made this idiot proof in the same way as 90 day reporting, with appointment date. I will, in any case, comply with the financial rule, and take another visit to confirm above. Comments of your recent experience please?

Yes, same, I had to ask and was told when to report back.