Interesting visit from 4 tourist police ????‍♀️ yesterday but kind of funny ???? as well

DennisE

This was WEIRD!!!! I have been here in Korat Thailand for over 5 years and I had 4 tourist police ????‍♀️ show up at my door yesterday. And it had nothing to do with the police or immigration apparently a friend or family member who hasn’t seen us in years was worried I guess and called the police to go check on us ???? turned out to be funny ???? as hell. EVEN THE POLICE THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY!!! Including one female cop there probably because I’m married. But all was fine and they did take a picture of us together with the police and they did check my passport. I laughed and said “FOUR POLICE!!! I thought I was in trouble for a second” ???? in the states when 4 cops ????‍♀️ come to your door it’s usually not good and could potentially result in a beat down ????! The Thai tourist police laughed at my jokes and said “not worry all is okay ???? but I should call someone in the States names I think I might know who it is probably my wife’s friend worried about her I honestly have no clue but the way the cops pronounced the name I think I know who it is. They said it was someone in America calling claiming to be a family member of mine wanting to know if I was ok in Thailand and that was it, 4 tourist police VERY FRIENDLY THOUGH just for that ????. Scared me for the 30 seconds it took me to throw on a decent shirt and answer the front gate ???? but all was ok ????. I was showing them in my passport where I had just done my extension the day prior actually two day prior to yesterday on Monday I believe. They didn’t really care but they checked my passport anyway probably procedures for the tourist police. When I showed the my retired US Army ID card they saluted me and I was like no need for that but it’s a Thai custom of respect here. But made me nervous for a second but no big deal plus I know I haven’t done anything wrong. Unless the feds are after me again ???? no. 

Totally unrelated several years ago my house in the United States was searched by the FBI because I had a VERY VERY secret job in the military and there was an Espionage investigation going on but I was cleared it wasn’t necessarily about me anyway but interesting story unrelated ????

why would anyone call immigration asking about you?, " They said it was someone in America calling claiming to be a family member of mine wanting to know if I was ok in Thailand and that was it, 4 tourist police VERY FRIENDLY "

doesn't make any sense at all.

39 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

why would anyone call immigration asking about you?, " They said it was someone in America calling claiming to be a family member of mine wanting to know if I was ok in Thailand and that was it, 4 tourist police VERY FRIENDLY "

Not immigration at all just tourist police ????‍♀️ and they were just doing their jobs and they were very nice and friendly. 

41 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

I suspect someone in America worried about my wife actually but it was just tourist police and NOT immigration at all. 

The tourist police thought it was funny because I was so surprised ???? and they thought I was funny when I asked “what did I do????” And they all started laughing and the male cop said “don’t worry nothing wrong your family in America worried about you and want us to check on you” but the name they gave me sounds like one of my wife’s friends from Fort Bragg, North Carolina. I sent her a PM on Facebook and asked and she wouldn’t say yes exactly but she seemed embarrassed so I assume that she thought she was anonymous ???? but I told her “it’s ok if you did I appreciate the concern but next time don’t call the tourist police just call us on FaceTime for free everything’s ok” and she send me back this meme:

The Police sounded like they were saying her name but they spelled it wrong she’s actually a VERY NICE LADY! 

image.png.0ad80d4450daa88b1cf8b33fbab4c5d5.png

Wonder if it had anything to do with reports of other American nationals being checked.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1142444-immigration-wanting-photos-and-passports-of-all-americans-in-prachuapkirikan/

If she thinks we’re ever going back to NC no way! Maybe back to Arizona some day. NC was never my home I was only assigned there twice at Fort Bragg during my 21 years military career. I have no desire to ever go back to NC I didn’t like it my second time living there after living in Tokyo and DC, VA, MD areas. 

2 minutes ago, Farma said:

Wonder if it had anything to do with reports of other American nationals being checked.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1142444-immigration-wanting-photos-and-passports-of-all-americans-in-prachuapkirikan/

Nope it was tourist police and they said specifically why. Nothing to do with Thailand someone in America who probably watches too much TV. 

4 minutes ago, Farma said:

I just looked at your topic and absolutely nothing to do with that just tourist police not even immigration. Immigration wasn’t even involved. The cops told me what it was about someone claiming to be a family member in the United States and I think I know exactly who it is a concerned friend of my wife we knew for years on Fort Bragg, NC. So no big deal and we talked to her. 

The meme she sent me gave me like an ok I’m sorry impression without admitting that she called. Because I betcha she wanted to be anonymous ????. I’m going to joke with her some more on Facebook. ????! I’ll tell her it was America’s Most Wanted ????!!!! Ha ha! I’ll get her back ???? nothing bad just humor. 

10 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

I think she likes you, as in infatuated and your reading it wrong.

No ???? my wife’s Thai friends in the United States absolutely love ???? her! And they worry about her ever since she had a VERY SERIOUS brain injury in a car accident when I was retiring from the military in 2014! She was in the hospital for 6 months and she was on life support for 3 months! She’s doing better today I still have to care for her even though I myself am also disabled (disabled veteran). But it’s totally innocent her friends in the United States especially in NC are always calling to check on her ever since the brain injury because she almost died 6 years ago! But she’s probably doing better than me today except for forgetting things I have the same brain injury issues but not like she has. I have multiple disabilities especially my back. 

My wife has lots of Thai friends ALL OVER Fayetteville North Carolina and Fort Bragg and surrounding areas ESPECIALLY! But we also have Thai friends all over Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Maryland, Fort Meade, Maryland and also a lot of Thai friends from Camp Zama Japan and SHA in Tokyo Japan!!! And Thai friends not even affiliated with the military all over NC and Tokyo Japan and Virginia as well. But mostly Camp Zama Japan and ESPECIALLY North Carolina all around the Fayetteville area! 

There was a thread (yesterday) about a home visit to a US citizen.

And the poster understood that they will visit all US citizens to check for their well being?

In another forum a poster claims it happens on request of the US embassy?

Makes no sense to me but that is what I read yesterday.

Everywhere in the world in the same situation

1/the police ask first to the person doing the request if

she has tried to reach him by phone or message

2\the police tries to reach him by phone or message

3/in case of no answer eventually someone pays a visit

but 4 police officers just after a random phone call

from someone trying to have some news of a friend

it's very unusual and quite surprising

10 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Everywhere in the world in the same situation

1/the police ask first to the person doing the request if

she has tried to reach him by phone or message

2\the police tries to reach him by phone or message

3/in case of no answer eventually someone pays a visit

but 4 police officers just after a random phone call

from someone trying to have some news of a friend

it's very unusual and quite surprising

???? yeah when I saw 4 cops I was thinking ???? what did I do? But they were all friendly and nice. I asked them jokingly “what did I do?” And they laughed and explained that a family member in the states was worried about us or me I don’t remember. But it was totally not threatening. One female police officer as well probably because I’m married so I’m guessing just in case. Plus if it’s who I think it is that called them from NC she definitely told the police that I’m retired Special Forces so maybe that’s why FOUR COPS ????‍♀️ LMAO ????! Which I actually am retired SF. So Maybe, who knows ????

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

There was a thread (yesterday) about a home visit to a US citizen.

And the poster understood that they will visit all US citizens to check for their well being?

In another forum a poster claims it happens on request of the US embassy?

Makes no sense to me but that is what I read yesterday.

Hmm ???? that’s interesting and yesterday same day as my visit. But I know exactly why they visited ????

3 minutes ago, DennisE said:

???? yeah when I saw 4 cops I was thinking ???? what did I do? But they were all friendly and nice. I asked them jokingly “what did I do?” And they laughed and explained that a family member in the states was worried about us or me I don’t remember. But it was totally not threatening. One female police officer as well probably because I’m married so I’m guessing just in case. Plus if it’s who I think it is that called them from NC she definitely told the police that I’m retired Special Forces so maybe that’s why FOUR COPS ????‍♀️ LMAO ????! Which I actually am retired SF. So Maybe, who knows ????

I mean obviously tourist police has a lot of free time in your area

and some gasoline to waste.

Each of us here in Thailand don't give any news time to time to some ''friends'' or family

members for some reasons, can you imagine if they call the police to have news?

It's just crazy !!

5 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I mean obviously tourist police has a lot of free time in your area

and some gasoline to waste.

Each of us here in Thailand don't give any news time to time to some ''friends'' or family

members for some reasons, can you imagine if they call the police to have news?

It's just crazy !!

They only brought one car it said Tourist Police on the side and actually I was thinking the same thing they must’ve been having a slow day in Korat but knowing the person I am pretty sure called in fact I know it was her, she is VERY PERSISTENT! And I’m sure she probably just kept calling until the cops said “ok ok we’ll check” so maybe that’s why 4 cops ???? she probably kept persistently calling them ????. So maybe the cops were slightly concerned because of the calls but very friendly. So I’m not worried about it. 

2 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

It's when the army comes you need to be worried. 

I had the army come to my place a couple of months ago. No problems.

2 generals, 3 soldiers and 2 girls from the tessabaan.

We had a nice little chat. I showed them all of my documents and those of my company. All good. One of the girls even asked me for a job.

The army went away happy and two of my neighbours who are working without work permits came around as soon as the army left, to find out what was going on.

Archived