Police issue shoot to kill order in the search for thief who killed 3 in gold heist

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Charlie, the announcement was this, 

"The police have been ordered to track the robber down and to shoot to kill if he resists arrest"

I wonder why that very relevant part is being ignored by some Thaivisa posters?

In my post I was referring specifically to the "reward" article posted.

As for the other, it would seem people are reacting to the headline, and not the specific article content. ????

9 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
14 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Charlie, the announcement was this, 

"The police have been ordered to track the robber down and to shoot to kill if he resists arrest"

In my post I was referring specifically to the "reward" article posted.

Come on, the OP (the "reward article") specifically stated "...if he resists arrest"! 

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

The man who committed that crime deserves to be shot, but giving police orders shoot to kill is wrong.

This kind of official announcement it's scary ..
we can thus see that Thailand is still very far from being a democratic country.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JetSetFvr said:

Cans are very easy to make. Give me some pipe, some screen, and engine freeze plugs to fit and I can have one built in an hour.

I dooubt it will work on a semi auto but hey, Ill call your bluff. Where are you, Ill be over to watch. You have an hour. Good luck.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

But if they use those expressions it makes them cool, or legit!

No its just what we call them. The coolness of a noun is more in the mind of an observer. To me they are just cans, endless paperwork, but very useful for the hearing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JetSetFvr said:

his former US Marine infantryman of 8 years would know.

well sorry Jarguy, the boys in the Rangers that I know call them cans. But hey, all you guys got your own slang. maybe they play video games, I dont, im too old.

Typing wise, Can is a lot easier than Sound Suppressor.

Edited by Nyezhov

Allowing the police here to shoot and kill when they don’t even know who their after is a terrible, terrible idea. 

They could pin this on someone they don’t like to close the case or accidentally kill the wrong person.

How about identity him first.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

The man who committed that crime deserves to be shot, but giving police orders shoot to kill is wrong.

So any policeman who has a grievance against someone, shoots/ kills, then says ohh sorry i made a mistake, frightening thought.

...how about it was the media who misinterpret the instruction...if confronted the police will take the appropriate action as they always do...nothing special about that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

I agree. The culprit should receive the most severe punishment but if to be shot on sight where does the innocent until proven guilty come in? If the police become judge and jury where does that leave the justice system?

Pretty much in the same state it's always been in. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

This kind of official announcement it's scary ..
we can thus see that Thailand is still very far from being a democratic country.

Yeah because normally most countries vote on whether to arrest someone or not.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, meechai said:

Thailand Practical Shooting Association (THPSA) (สมาคมกีฬายิงปืนรณยุทธแห่งประเทศไทย) is the Thai association for practical shooting under the International Practical Shooting Confederation.

Have one at my club in Chiang Mai, have a competition every Sunday. 

2 hours ago, meechai said:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Assumption: The 'Shoot to Kill' order is real. It's hard to know for sure these days, so everything below this is based on that assumption.

Welcome to the Wild West  East. According to some of the posters, 'There's gonna be a hanging.' I'm of the opinion that without all the facts, even with the video evidence (which is a clip), such a proclamation is at best premature and at worst obscene.

While in no way diminishing the shock and grief of the innocent victims here, because this is horrific from every angle, I would like to be the sceptic in defence, not of the assailant, but of the right to a hearing. Judging by the reaction of the authorities, I think the only hearing will be the sound of a gunshot, but here goes with scenarios that are not a defence, but mitigation:

1. The assailant was drugged up or with diminished responsibility. (Guilty but mitigated).

2. As another poster mentioned, the real target wasn't the gold but the family. This was a contract killing so both the assailant and the person who issued the contract should be tried.

3. The assailant was told by the robbery organiser that the gun was loaded with blanks. Highly unlikely, but mitigating.

4. Someone was forcing the assailant to carry out the robbery; blackmail, extortion, kidnapping of a relative. Both guilty but mitigating for the assailant if the killing was accidental.

5. Botched robbery (most likely). Guilty. Gun supplier guilty of accessory.

6. Botched insurance job by the gold shop owner. Assailant, gun supplier and owner guilty of murder and conspiracy.

7. Business dispute. Assailant, gun supplier and rival guilty of murder and conspiracy.

Mitigating the other way (for a more severe sentence):

1. Automatic weapon with silencer.

2. Absence of resistance by victims.

I suspect that once the family come to terms with their grief, which could be a long time, they might want the answer to the question, 'Why?'.

A dead man will struggle to answer that question, which of course, opens up a whole new can of worms...

Edited by A Los for words

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

...apart from shooting a kid?

Sorry. Not following you. He could have taken a lot of gold, more than just the tiny bit he took. He made ever effort to shoot people more than the gold grab. This seems like a message or payback to someone. Doesn’t even have to correspond to the gold shop. 

Edited by holy cow cm

Are there no rules by law when shoot to kill is allowed in Thailand ? Like the eminent danger to save own or other`s life? How can police be ordered to go out to the streets in order to shoot and kill ? This is Thai democracy ? Welcome to a country with no laws...

And what is that "special police task force"? Assassins?

Edited by P100

3 hours ago, JetSetFvr said:

well..............if you had read it you would see the article says. "if he resists"

rubbish. they are out to kill. they will kill if they think they have the target. and guess what, he resisted why tried to arrest him.