Restless legs getting worse.

giddyup

400 mg of magnesium a day solved my rls.  Occasionally, ill back of the supplements for a while and after a week or two I'll feel it coming back so get back on the magnesium and it goes away.

Edited by ThaiWai

4 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Make sure foot pain is not Diabetes

I`ve got type 2 diabetes and had pins and needles in my feet. The doctor gave me Amitriptyline 10mg to try......and bingo, it worked.

Amitriptyline is an antidepressant drug licensed to treat moderate to severe depression. In multiple sclerosis, amitriptyline is often used in lower doses for the treatment of neuropathic or nerve pain, such as burning sensations, pins and needles or stabbing pains.

• Like 1

I had it for years. About 8 years ago my life changed radically. I had not been eating well, not exercising and had a stressful job that kept me up at extended periods of time. A sudden life change allowed me to change all of this and I would say within about a two year time span, the episodes slowly reduced frequency very near to zero. I find that when I get tired/sleepy/fatigued now, those leg urges will come back just slightly, but resolve quickly with a good nights rest. So I can't tell you what the exact remedy was other than to say that I think the overall stress was the cause. And I think the primary factor was not getting good sleep. I am a 3 cup a day coffee drinker (all before noon time) and drink alcohol regularly, I have never changed that. I only changed the stressful life situations, eating better and exercise that now allows me to sleep better at night. 

• Like 1

Study your calf muscles very closely when relaxed if they are moving involuntarily. You have benign cramp versiculation syndrome quite rare, not curable, not disabilitating, and not life threatening. Just have to live with it more annoying than anything else. Google it.

4 minutes ago, Caine said:

Study your calf muscles very closely when relaxed if they are moving involuntarily. You have benign cramp versiculation syndrome quite rare, not curable, not disabilitating, and not life threatening. Just have to live with it more annoying than anything else. Google it.

No, not move.

1 hour ago, Caine said:

damn had never heard of that one. anyway there are some serious conditions associated with that

Cramp-fasciculation syndrome (CFS) may have multiple underlying causes.[2] In general, it is thought to be related to abnormal excitability (overactivity) of peripheral neurons.[2] However, in many people with CFS, the cause cannot be found (idiopathic CFS).[2]

The following have been reported to be associated with CFS:[2][3]

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

damn had never heard of that one. anyway there are some serious conditions associated with that

Cramp-fasciculation syndrome (CFS) may have multiple underlying causes.[2] In general, it is thought to be related to abnormal excitability (overactivity) of peripheral neurons.[2] However, in many people with CFS, the cause cannot be found (idiopathic CFS).[2]

Let's not speculate too wildly.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:
2 hours ago, atyclb said:

Let's not speculate too wildly.

not saying any of those things exist but due diligence mandates they are considered in any workup 

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

Have Googled iron deficiencies and restless legs is the only symptom I have, all the other symptoms I don't have, so pretty sure it's not that.

Chap have given the medication required and even put up photograph of the box !!   Go and get it lol. I had it for 30 years. Stopped within 48 hours

33 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Chap have given the medication required and even put up photograph of the box !!   Go and get it lol. I had it for 30 years. Stopped within 48 hours

Did you read the side effects?

Nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, lightheadedness, trouble sleeping, constipation, headache, or dry mouth may occur. If these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

To reduce the risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.

Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.

Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: fainting, mental/mood changes (such as confusion, depression, hallucinations, memory problems), unusual strong urges (such as increased gambling, increased sexual urges), increased difficulty moving/walking, muscle cramps/spasm, unusual posture changes (such as the neck or body bending forward), restlessness, decreased sexual ability, increased shakiness (tremor)/stiffness, swelling of the ankles/feet.

Get medical help right away if you have any very serious side effects, including: chest pain, fever, unusually fast/slow/irregular heartbeat, muscle pain/weakness, unusual tiredness, signs of kidney problems (such as change in the amount of urine), vision changes.

Edited by giddyup

24 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I assume the pic of the box is of Pramipexole. I have tried that drug - absolutely useless for me. I emphasise" for me". For goodness sake look back through this forum and know that some things work for some people but not everybody. You cannot be so dogmatic. I am pleased Pramipexole worked for you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chivas said:

lol what side effects. Fella either you want to get a potential cure or you dont. Dont keep prevaricating just try them.

Sometimes the disease is better than the cure!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Sometimes the disease is better than the cure!

Ridiculous.....dont come on here whinging that something is wrong with you and asking for assistance and then coming out with that. I'm out....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chivas said:

Well most gifted with schooling would tell you yes. The fella wants to moan consistently and prevaricate.

Nobody is moaning, but if my post annoys you I suggest you find somewhere else to vent.

• Like 1

Just now, Chivas said:

Ridiculous.....dont come on here whinging that something is wrong with you and asking for assistance and then coming out with that. I'm out....

Take a hike, I don't need your BS.

3 minutes ago, Trentham said:

I assume the pic of the box is of Pramipexole. I have tried that drug - absolutely useless for me. I emphasise" for me". For goodness sake look back through this forum and know that some things work for some people but not everybody. You cannot be so dogmatic. I am pleased Pramipexole worked for you.

Your reaction to my post shows that you are being dogmatic. This is a serious condition to suffer and you replied with a ''ha ha" emoticon.

Well done.

On 1/11/2020 at 4:23 PM, giddyup said:

I did see a doctor previously at Bkk Hospital, can't remember his name, and he prescribed Clonazepam, which helps me sleep but doesn't stop the spasms. I do take Magnesium and Calcium supplements.

Try one vitamin b1 tablet before sleep it may help your problem 

2 minutes ago, wtfracing said:

Try one vitamin b1 tablet before sleep it may help your problem 

Also taking, as well as NAC, Milk Thistle, Fish Oil and Saw Palmetto.

Edited by giddyup

On 1/12/2020 at 6:17 PM, giddyup said:

Have Googled iron deficiencies and restless legs is the only symptom I have, all the other symptoms I don't have, so pretty sure it's not that.

You need to have only ONE symptom, not two or three. Google lists all

possible symptoms