Jane Fonda, Joaquin Phoenix join climate protesters outside U.S. Congress

rooster59

4 minutes ago, Chazar said:

From his  equally  large  mansion, well  one of them anyway

Which has no bearing on the issue but does on his personal hypocrisy. It seems that is a big part of the denialist game. We don't need to consider the overwhelming evidence that man made climate crisis is real if we can personally attack some of the messengers in an ad hominem way. That is seriously messed up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

Which has no bearing on the issue but does on his personal hypocrisy. It seems that is a big part of the denialist game. We don't need to consider the overwhelming evidence that man made climate crisis is real if we can personally attack some of the messengers in an ad hominem way. That is seriously messed up!

No ad hominem attacks on Trump by the climate change cultists? when I saw how Greta stared at Trump my opinion (uncritically) was that she needs to fix something in herself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mokwit said:

No ad hominem attacks on Trump by the climate change cultists? when I saw how Greta stared at Trump my opinion (uncritically) was that she needs to fix something in herself.

You seem confused about the definition of ad hominem. 45 is truly a very major VILLIAN on this issue. He's an aggressive denialist. He walked away from the Paris accord. She is hostile to him not because he likes cheeseburgers but because he is indeed enemy number one in the entire world on the issue that she is appropriately very focused on.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

You should really have started that with "in my opinion - it is your opinion not fact.

Again, the so called "two sides" are not even close to equivalent in SCIENTIFIC CREDIBILITY. 

Flat earthers have a "side" as well. It's BUNK. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Did you notice they had to take down the taxpayer funded signs at Glacier National Park saying that the glaciers would be gone by 2020? 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/08/us/glaciers-national-park-2020-trnd/index.html

Ooops.

They had to do the same thing when the Glaciers retreated from Southern England about 10,000 years ago. It then became warm enough for the Romans to grow grapes, then cold enough again that there were ice fairs on the river Thames.

• Like 2

Since we now seem to be debating whether labeling people as DENIALISTS on these issues is legitimate or not (I think it is) here's an interesting article that breaks down the major positions even further.

I'm probably between 3 and 4. I'm not sure if it's too late to avert catastrophe now for the younger humans but think that it might be.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/inconvenient-facts/201909/what-should-we-believe-about-climate-catastrophe

What Should We Believe About Climate Catastrophe?

Avoidable or inevitable? Should we prevent or adapt?

15 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Thank you for proving my point.  The creation of the category known as “climate denialists” was born out of politicized & bastardized science.  It exists nowhere in the true scientific community.  Have a nice life.  Bye, and bundle up.

Bye? Are you taking a trip?

5 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

JT likes to throw the word DENIER around. I like to call myself a SCEPTIC or even a REALIST.

I call you ALARMIST and SHEEP.

There are some good sites around that will show you the data manipulation that has been done by NASA, NOA, and IPCC to exclude or alter data that goes against their preferred outcome.

Even OBAMA quoted that stupid 97% that was obviously fed to him by his Climate Advisor.

I keep asking for people to show me even one climate prediction that has come true but nobody ever responds.

If the shoe fits.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Don't pretend it was a baiting post to get out of it. It was a statement from someone who has formally studied science that scientific conclusions are not as "settled"as laymen think. I have noticed how you disengage and deflect on these boards when you views are questioned.

You can still find "scientists" that deny that the HIV virus causes HIV disease.

We go with the OVERWHELMING CONSENSUS unless you are curiously invested in bending over backwards for whatever personal or political reasons to CLING to the outliers.

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

As part of a BSc I was required to critique the methodology of scientific papers. I also have twice gone deep into original scientific papers. Science is not that certain to anyone other than a layman who does not understand scientific methodology and how tentative conclusions are in real scientific research.  Greta is 16 at that age she almost certainly does not have the level of intellectual development to critique scientific papers but she is saying it is "settled " because someone else said so.

If I look at any science the first thing I want to know is who funded it and whose mortgage payments depend on it etc

Which part of that is "baiting"?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

So the consensus is never wrong?

I didn't say that but if you're looking for 100 percent certainty on anything, forget about it. Which clearly is your agenda. I think that's horribly reckless and denialist but you're welcome to that position. 

• Sad 1