Protests and condemnation after Iran admits downing Ukrainian plane

rooster59

13 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I will guess that Trump has thought about this. He will wait until the Iranian regime starts to lose its grip on power and lashes out with some missile strike on SA or oil tankers and Trump will use it as an excuse to totally wipe out all Iranian nuclear facilities.

More likely he will wait for his second term before he agrees to do what he is being told!

2 hours ago, candide said:

The post I replied to was claiming that the American left was "cheering" the Iranian regime. No evidence has been provided, as expected.

About the deal itself, only Trump claims they were continuing the nuclear program and he has zero credibility.

So basically you trust Khamenei and his army hierarchy?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Let us just remember, no country is perfect, America especially, they are the protector of the world right, just ask George W Bush junior.

The evil goes back two more generations from GWB. Read the book "Family of Secrets" for more insight to just how dirty they are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

So basically you trust Khamenei and his army hierarchy?

I trust the inspection system more than the serial liar. You know, the same type of inspection system that assessed that Sadam did not have WMD.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Silence from the Democrats who have been crying their little eyes out over the death of a terrorist.

170 civilians in the plane + 40 trampled at the funeral = silence

Despicable undemocrats of America

A patently false claim.

Like the guy in the orange make-up likes to say "YOU are fake news."

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

be afraid ,be very afraid

People who tell you to fear are not your friends.

And they are usually conservatives selling an agenda.

But it works: DT has that solid 35% staining their pants in fear "...and I am the only one who can fix it."

On 1/12/2020 at 9:05 AM, Sticky Wicket said:

Silence from the Democrats who have been crying their little eyes out over the death of a terrorist.

170 civilians in the plane + 40 trampled at the funeral = silence

Despicable undemocrats of America

So where's the evidence of this? There's none of course, you're just following the rantings of the same people who used the same tactics to fool you into the quagmire in Iraq. Show us one (1) Democrat who is crying about the death of this guy. You can't? Didn't think so.

Now is it a valid and relevant debate to determine whether this was wise strategically or whether there was an imminent threat such that the President could go around the constitutional powers of congress? That's to be determined but is worthy of argument. But nobody from the Left is arguing that this guy was a good guy or crying now that he's dead. Scumbags are scumbags, and at least we on the Left are consistent.

For example, I'm ALL for ALL of Epstein's buddies going to jail, including Bill Clinton and Donald Trump, and any Hollywood actor, rich industrialist or scion of the Royal Family. I don't care where the fallout hits, just want the guilty punished regardless of their political affiliation, connections or wealth. You see, that's the thing with principles. If you stick to them, life becomes actually pretty easy to understand and you can quickly figure out what is right and what is wrong, you don't even have to know what political position the person has. Must be terribly confusing to be on the Right these days, having to parse your decades of moralistic preaching and supposed principles with supporting someone who violates each and every one on a regular basis. I think that's why Clinton was ultimately so damaging to the Democrats, they bought his BS and only afterwards realized they were compromising their core principles in doing so. That's why Hilary was unacceptable, she carried the taint with her.  I really hope Bernie wins the nomination so we can see whether following your principles and being a consistent and decent person matters regardless of the political philosophy or whether it does not.