TurboTax in Thailand?

I pay my accountant 17k baht/yr (16k for acct/1k for tax) to send in my corporate balance sheet for a dormant company (changes a couple of figures and computer does the rest).  In the US I pay TurboTax 1k baht/yr to do my corporate and personal taxes for an active company with twenty pages full of accounting figures.  Is there a simpler and cheaper way of doing this or do I need a certified Thai accountant to submit it to the government?

Was paying around 15k baht for US accountant to fill in the blanks and send my taxes electronically.  I did all the work gathering the info...

Tried Turbo Tax...was pleasantly surprised at how easy and thorough it is.  Been using Turbo Tax for several years now for fed and state filings...very pleased.

I will challenge your claim of 1k b for Turbo tax as not accurate.

Runs 4 to 5k for US business filing.

But, what is your question?

There is no Turbo tax for Thai tax filings.

If you are doing US filing, you just go online to Turbo tax to file.

3 hours ago, parallaxtech said:

or do I need a certified Thai accountant to submit it to the government?

What government?

I should have written that I pay approximately 5k baht to TurboTax for about 18 hours of my time submitting all the figures.  My Thai corporate balance sheet (essentially the same every year) takes approximately 5 minutes for her to change a couple of numbers before the computer does the rest, so why does it cost 17k baht? I sign everything and it's submitted to the Ministry of Commerce I believe.  I assume that there is no such thing as Thai TurboTax, so should I look for a simple accountant (one person shop)?  I don't mind paying money for real work, but I don't consider copying the papers to be worth 17k.  TurboTax is wonderful and well worth the money, and I have no problems or complaints about paying US taxes.

14 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Was paying around 15k baht for US accountant to fill in the blanks and send my taxes electronically.  I did all the work gathering the info...

Tried Turbo Tax...was pleasantly surprised at how easy and thorough it is.  Been using Turbo Tax for several years now for fed and state filings...very pleased.

Puch:  I always enjoy reading your comments, especially the political ones, so keep them coming!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Does TurboTax have a provision whereby they can submit for deposit in a U.S. bank, any refund from the IRS? Thanks.

4 hours ago, albertik said:

Does TurboTax have a provision whereby they can submit for deposit in a U.S. bank, any refund from the IRS? Thanks.

Sure. You just tell TT, if you have a refund coming, the ABA and account number where you want it sent. They plug that into the 1040. Nothing different than if you'd done the 1040 yourself, as the end result it that the IRS gets your return via TT electronically or by you mailing it in. Then, it's the IRS that reads your 1040 and mails your refund to where you've designated. TT isn't a middle man for tax refunds.

• Thanks 1