Taking Honda Click to Savannakhet

MagnumForce

6 hours ago, jackdd said:

Small bikes can not cross the border between Thailand and Laos anymore, so that's not possible.

What is the minimum required?

????

papa would like to take Lifan x-200 D/S again.

Great bike for Laos roads.      ????

????️

Edited by papa al

7 minutes ago, papa al said:

What is the  minimum required?

????

papa would like to take Lifan x-200 D/S again.

Great bike for Loas roads.

I don't know where they draw the line

But big bikes are only allowed to enter when making a tour with a Laos tour guide (at least officially, might be possible to enter without the guide for some tea money)

17 hours ago, MagnumForce said:

Didn't know that, Jackdd. Thanks for the info. Guess I'll leave it somewhere in Mukdahan for the few days. Any parking recommendations?

On. the mukdahan side just before the border crossing there is parking for cars and bikes. The bike parking is by a little shop, and is very close to passport control. They charge about 50-100 per day. I have used it many times and is an easy way to do the crossing.   Check what time the bus leaves Muk and try to be at the border at that time, then you can just jump on the bus after exiting Thailand.   

2 hours ago, marcusb said:

On. the mukdahan side just before the border crossing there is parking for cars and bikes. The bike parking is by a little shop, and is very close to passport control. They charge about 50-100 per day. I have used it many times and is an easy way to do the crossing.   Check what time the bus leaves Muk and try to be at the border at that time, then you can just jump on the bus after exiting Thailand.   

Thanks marcusb. So, no problems getting on the bus to cross the bridge after passing through Thai Immigration, right? Can I buy a ticket after Thai Immigration?

On 1/16/2020 at 1:44 PM, MagnumForce said:

Thanks marcusb. So, no problems getting on the bus to cross the bridge after passing through Thai Immigration, right? Can I buy a ticket after Thai Immigration?

Yup, on your left going past immi is a booth selling the bus tickets.