1000 baht for a Signature Notarizing??!!?

miketu

Hi all, I went in to a lawyer office today to get a 1 page document signature notarized and the crooks charged me 1000 baht!!  On top of that the document won't be ready until tomorrow??  Where I'm from it's free or costs less than 100 baht equivalent???!!!   Plus the so called female Thai Solicitor got real mean and nasty and rude when I dared to question the charge!   Of course the owner of the law firm appears to be a farang.

Is 1000 baht the normal charge for getting a 1 page document signature notarized in Thailand???!!  WTH??

Edited by miketu
  • Confused 1

When you compare Thailand to "where I came from"...you leave yourself open to the usual farang abusers to give you a hard time.

If you are unhappy with one legal office...try another...there is very little to stop price gouging in Thailand.  Show your displeasure by taking your business elsewhere.

59 minutes ago, miketu said:

WTH??

What the huck??

1000 baht to get something notarized doesn't sound so unusual to me. I once had to get my drivers license translated (basically just my address) and it cost 800 baht at a "Certified Translator". Thailand's a ripoff for things like this.

2 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

What the huck??

1000 baht to get something notarized doesn't sound so unusual to me. I once had to get my drivers license translated (basically just my address) and it cost 800 baht at a "Certified Translator". Thailand's a ripoff for things like this.

LOL.

where do you and the OP come from?

800 baht a ripoff for a certified translator ??

is a notarized document worth anything in your country?

7 hours ago, miketu said:

Where I'm from it's free or costs less than 100 baht equivalent???!!!

Some banks, credit unions and other organizations do offer this service to their members. I would imagine some levels of banking, here in Thailand, may also offer such services.

But, if you go to a law office, or other private notary, back where you come from, I promise you will find that it is not free or an equivalent 100 baht cost.