Waxing The Car For Songkran

Just a quick question regarding car wax/polish.

Is it better to leave on the wax on your vehical as the thais do during songkran, or is it better to buff/polish it off as per normal?

I guess any wax protectant is better than none as some water thrown will be full of grit and silt- around CM water is laken from the muddied moat water. :o

just wondered.

Wax should always be polished off. Thats what gives it the protective layer as it hardens over. Especially over the Songkran period where you need all the protection you can. Not necessarily from the water, but from the flour or whatever that gets thrown nowadays.

No flour or poweder in Chiang Mai in any significant numbers, fortunately... A truly unlimited water supply means there's no need for poweder as a substitute like in some places..

You do notice a lot of people putting chalk/paint (?) on their cars during Songkran. What is that stuff and is it used also for protection or just to add to the festivities?

No flour or poweder in Chiang Mai in any significant numbers, fortunately... A truly unlimited water supply means there's no need for poweder as a substitute like in some places..

You do notice a lot of people putting chalk/paint (?) on their cars during Songkran. What is that stuff and is it used also for protection or just to add to the festivities?

Im sure its just car wax that hasnt been buffed/polished off.

thats why I asked about whether its better to leave it on like the locals or polish it off.

yep, definately no water crisis up here, and it will help solve the smog problem too :o

Im sure its just car wax that hasnt been buffed/polished off.

thats why I asked about whether its better to leave it on like the locals or polish it off.

yep, definately no water crisis up here, and it will help solve the smog problem too :o

i put car wax and dont polish it off. add to the festivities and car wash after its all over.