Schengen Visa Advice

Me and my TGF will be travelling to Peru this year in September. We plan to fly to Paris to stay for a few days to break up the flight to and from Peru. Therefore an example of our itinerary will look like this:

• September 1st: flight BKK to Paris (stay 3 days in Paris) - Schengen Visa
  • September 4th: flight Paris to Peru (stay 7 days in Peru) - no visa required for Thai nationals. 
  • September 12th: flight Peru to Paris (stay 3 days in Paris) - Schengen Visa 
  • September 15th: flight Paris to BKK

Therefore my question is: Is her only option to apply for a Multiple Entry Schengen Visa? Are there any other options if we plan to stick to this itinerary? Thanks in advance for the help. 

Yes, a multiple-entry Schengen visa is required since you will enter/leave the Schengen area twice.

An application should be made at the French consulate since it is the only Schengen country you will be visiting.

Edited by varun

3 hours ago, varun said:

Yes, a multiple-entry Schengen visa is required since you will enter/leave the Schengen area twice.

An application should be made at the French consulate since it is the only Schengen country you will be visiting.

Thanks I appreciate the help. Any recommendations or tips when applying for multiple-entry Schengen. I assume it is more difficult to obtain than single-entry Schengen. 

You can indicate you wish one, two or multiple entries. It's not really more difficult to get a more than one entry, you simply need to show the need for more than entry.

Including a hotel booking for both Paris trips, the flight reservations you outlined here , medical travel insurance , sufficient funds and a short letter in which you explain your plans should be sufficient. Image the visa officer who knows nothing about her and who has minutes to both check all required documents and to form a picture of what the applicant is up to. So a short letter could help them getting an idea of what she wants/needs and if it should raise any red flags for them or not. Roughly 95% of applications are approved so if she doesn't raise any alarms and her paperwork shows she is a genuine traveller with a logical plan, she should be able to get 2 entries or a multiple entry visa. 

• Like 1