Youtube

wincen

In the beginning of this day I searched on google for the user name of the culprit and got 3 hits. Did it now again, almost 20 hrs later and we are up to 90 hits!

In another 24 hrs I suspect I'll going to get 200-500 hits. :D

I was almost right

From google: Results 1 - 10 of about 473 for PaXXXXXa

:o

If it not were against the law I would like to put a bet on how many hits I'll get next week. :D

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just made a check on YouTube and I think that I can see "the video" right now. It is 42 seconds long, and it was posted less than 24 hours ago by someone named "Thaifreespeech". Not very respectful for the king... Could it be that the same video was posted again by someone else? Perhaps someone who saw the original video could check...

I've just made a check on YouTube and I think that I can see "the video" right now. It is 42 seconds long, and it was posted less than 24 hours ago by someone named "Thaifreespeech". Not very respectful for the king... Could it be that the same video was posted again by someone else? Perhaps someone who saw the original video could check...

That is a different video, but equally offensive.

totster :o

^^^^^^^^

A clear example of why there needs to be a viable system in place to quickly resolve these offensive videos if YouTube ever hopes to be able to be received in Thailand... and vice versa, otherwise this moronic behavior of a select few will continue to disrupt.

Are videos pre-screened before they are accepted?

Edited by sriracha john

Be interesting to see how much this affects speeds with that much international bandwidth shut off.

:o I surely hope TOT isn't reading this, they would immediately add it to their repertoire of excuses. It wouldn't be the most ridiculous either from what's recently been reported in the press..

- Smoke in the north caused by Korean bulgogy (BKK Post)

- Bomb attacks in the south caused by free availability of 3 and 5 inch nails (The Nation)

- Slow internet caused by too many people watching YouTube videos...(coming soon!)

Back on topic, I think this has really turned into a case that YouTube has to deal with. There has got to be a whole list of content that is not allowed.

For example videos mocking the prophet Mohammad. YouTube most likely already has procedures in place to remove such a video immediately. So I think all they have to do is add "videos about the Thai Monarchy" to the list and be done with it.

Youtube refused to remove the clip? The general ban suddenly seems very justified to me.

Why should they remove it? Youtube is not owned by a thai company and it doesn't reside on Thai soil either. If Thais want to force their country's legislation on the U.S. that's another matter entirely and i'm sure the majority of the U.S. population would be _very_ opposed to that concept.

Iraq is not owned by the Americans, why should the Americans impose their 'democracy' on the Iraqis?

YouTube incident becomes Internet crusade

A new video slideshow attacking His Majesty the King indicates that the dispute, fanned into worldwide front-page headlines by a Thai government ban on YouTube, may have only just begun. YouTube and Google wiped out the last remnants of the offensive video slideshow which was uploaded last Sunday to demean the monarch. The offensive slideshow video of His Majesty the King that triggered the government ban on YouTube disappeared from the video-sharing website on Thursday afternoon, and the anonymous user who posted it was banned. Some time early this morning Thailand time, the last remaining photo of the video in YouTube's search engine archive of the original video had disappeared from view. But within an hour of the disappearance of the first video and its uploader, a subscriber using the name "thaifreespeech" and claiming improbably to live in Iceland had placed an all new video on YouTube, containing even more offensive images of His Majesty the King than the original.

"Thaifreespeech" also added an attack on Thai lese majeste laws and asked rhetorically if "US people in the US (should) respect Thai traditions and rule of law". In an hour, the number of views of the video rocketed from 122 to 7,856 and going up. Comments in the same hour early this morning Thailand time rose from nine to 160. As before, most commenters attacked the video, often in rude terms. The new video, and the likelihood that many will follow, on YouTube and on dozens of other video services, raises the stakes hugely.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/topstories/tops...s.php?id=117906