Youtube

wincen

( Sorry! the web site you are accessing has been blocked by ministry of information and communication technology )

this is the message I got when trying to access You tube tonight. It worked earlier today.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With True ADSL, it's working fine (I'm in Europe but I've just checked with a PC in BKK with Remote Desktop).

Anyway. It wouldn't be the first time that our dear Generals put their dirty fingers in what they don't understand (they have some problems to know which button to push, the green or the red one).

Last time, it was after the interview of Thaksin on CNN.

It's pathetic.

Or... it could be an "unconventional" way of saving... bandwidth. Sufficiency economy, right ?

:o

Edited by cclub75

Got to love a dedicated server in the EU to do SSH dynamic tunneling.

There is a video marked as ‘PM Thaksin Reveals Secret about Prem’ with subtitles posted on March 17. This video appears to be filmed before Prime Minister Surayud gave the speech that the elections were going to be held in December this year (because of Thakin’s references to an election in Feb 08). Here, Thaksin said that Prem told the courts, the attorney and the police not to file charges against Sonthi (Boonyaratglin) when Thaksin wanted asked the courts to. Thaksin also said that Prem told all the newspapers to criticise Thaksin. Thaksin finally said he was innocent (as expected).

Thaksin saying all these to me appear as accusations made by Thaksin about Prem without any citations or evidence. This could be the reason for the block (the MICT staff panicked, blocked the whole site and is waiting for his boss to come tomorrow morning).

Pavee

Edited by paveet

3.12 youtube still working at buddy.

But buddy is so lame that they are most probably just to stupid to block it, or most of the time they are anyhow so slow that it is similar to a block

I have Maxnet, Phuket. As of now "Cannot Find Server". They have removed it from their routers.

Censorship...

nslookup www.youtube.com

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: www.youtube.com

Addresses: 208.65.153.253, 208.65.153.251

Tracing route to 208.65.153.251 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 208.65.153.251

2 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1

3 33 ms 31 ms 33 ms 10.122.84.253

4 31 ms 31 ms 31 ms 10.122.84.254

5 42 ms 43 ms 41 ms 10.121.20.1

6 43 ms 41 ms 45 ms 192.168.10.10

7 44 ms 41 ms 41 ms 58.147.0.50

8 44 ms 45 ms 43 ms 58.147.0.46

9 202.47.254.161 reports: Destination host unreachable.

I'm going to call Maxnet "again" and demand an explanation. Last time they just hanged up on me.

Edited by Hobox

what are you gonna do about it? complain on TV until it's removed too?

No of course I'm gonna shut up and accept this. :o

So if I complain to MaxNet and then TV is going to be removed as well? Does Burma have an ADSL service? Maybe time to change... :D

Edited by Hobox

TT&T, MaxNet still doesn't work.

Tracing route to www.youtube.com [208.65.153.253]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 208.65.153.253

2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1

3 32 ms 31 ms 31 ms 10.122.84.253

4 32 ms 31 ms 32 ms 10.122.84.254

5 43 ms 43 ms 43 ms 10.121.20.1

6 * 48 ms 49 ms 192.168.10.10

7 47 ms 43 ms 41 ms 58.147.0.50

8 44 ms 44 ms 45 ms 58.147.0.46

9 202.47.254.161 reports: Destination host unreachable.

Trace complete.

Can't someone with more patience (and who speaks better thai) then me call 1103 and ask why? :o

Edited by Hobox

How about this article instead, which directly addresses the issue:

Bangkok Post Database

Getting a clearer picture of YouTube block

Knowledge is the best tool to fight censors

DON SAMBANDARAKSA

It seems interesting to note than when something as blatant as censoring YouTube occurred, nobody seems to be responsible for it, or for finding out who did it. The Ministry of ICT (MICT) said it was not their fault while the TOT and CAT also denied responsibility.

But the problem was that the block was transient, continually in a state of flux, and lasted for only a matter of hours. As one engineer at an ISP who tried to help analyse the block said, "you can only speculate as to what happened after the fact. What we need is information on the block when it's actually in place."

I doubt it's a censorship issue. More like another bandwidth issue.

just once , take off the rose coloured glasses for a few secs .............................

nar , better yet sling me a pair :o

How about this article instead, which directly addresses the issue:

<a href="http://www.bangkokpost.com/Database/04Apr2007_data71.php" target="_blank">

Bangkok Post Database

</a>

Getting a clearer picture of YouTube block

Knowledge is the best tool to fight censors

DON SAMBANDARAKSA

It seems interesting to note than when something as blatant as censoring YouTube occurred, nobody seems to be responsible for it, or for finding out who did it. The Ministry of ICT (MICT) said it was not their fault while the TOT and CAT also denied responsibility.

But the problem was that the block was transient, continually in a state of flux, and lasted for only a matter of hours. As one engineer at an ISP who tried to help analyse the block said, "you can only speculate as to what happened after the fact. What we need is information on the block when it's actually in place."

/edit: removed request for Proxies - please check the forum rules regarding this subject before posting - you did read the rules, right?

We do not allow discussions of proxies or other methods of bypassing government blocking of websites.

Called them now....

Of course they never heard about either the problem or YouTube. Told them to do a Traceroute, and they answered that they cannot do that from their computers. They are not allowed. :o

At least after some minor arguing I got to talk to someone who spoke english perfectly. Never happened before. :D

Edited by Hobox

There is a video posted there which is extremely insulting to HM the King and the Thai people

in general.

That is why the site is blocked.

How did you get that information? I called a couple of times and they still tell me they don't know. I don't want to press the poor customer service staff further if this is the case. :o

How did you get that information? I called a couple of times and they still tell me they don't know. I don't want to press the poor customer service staff further if this is the case. :o

It was discovered by one of the moderators who resides outside of Thailand. Also the URL to that particular video has been added to the bad word filter. Things like this can get websites blocked and Thaivisa.com doesn't want to be one of them!