U.S. Senate rejects Democratic bid for documents in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

An insulting post and the replies have been removed. 

A post using over sized font has been removed as well as the replies:

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes, colors or use unusually large emoticons. It can be difficult to read.

44 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Actually, the transcript clearly says that he wanted the doj AG to be involved, once again proving that there was nothing wrong with the entire call 

And the Attorney General made it very clear that he knew nothing about Trump's request for an investigation and he was unhappy about the suggestion that he work with Rudy Giuliani.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

So you are ignoring the facts of the whistleblowers clear bias and involvement with Biden and Ukraine long before this ever happened, as well as his desire to impeach the president.

then you go on a virtue signaling rant stating if people who disagree with you they are mentally inferior to you. 

Fortunately, this thing will be over soon and I am sure you will think that your quest for justice was unfair and the republic is in peril of not conforming to your preferred opinion version of the United States. 

Identify where in the link you provided the whistleblower's clear bias is shown.

The article "proves" there was a meeting about the prosecutions of Burisma Holdings, and that Hunter Biden's involvement was acknowledged as a problem.  The meeting was appropriate, as well as addressing the PR problem of the Biden name.  It doesn't suggest anything improper occurred.

Edited by heybruce
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

You mean the "journalists" that YOU deem "legitimate"? 

You don't get to pick and choose who is legitimate. 

Do you understand the difference between reporting the entire story instead of a narrative? 

Do you know the difference between a pundit and an actual journalist?  Do you think the talking heads on the Faux News pundit programs are "reporting" the entire story?

• Confused 1

Reminder:

Any American not supporting a Bernie Sanders presidency is simply either naive towards the government or a racist.

There are a lot of Americans that have the most anti-American views in terms of their ideological views. (Thank you mainstream television) It is they who are the real rot of America not the people who seek to address issues facing it.

Let's face it, here on ThaiVisa you are going to get a lot of whacky posters especially when it comes to climate change or progressive views. For lack of better words.. some girls with tunnel vision like to argue... using the keyboard..

Edited by Solinvictus
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chiphigh said:

Thanks for the explanation, I really needed it. 

So you are ignoring the fact that Eric ciamarella working for the Obama administration NSC was part of the pressure campaign on Ukraine to dig up dirt on an opposing political campaign and was also a friend of the other nsc employee who went to work on Adam schiffs staff. It is blatantly clear what this is all about. 

Ken Vogel of the NY times in May of 2019 was investigating this Ukraine /hunter Biden conflict of interest. The story was squashed. No surprise there. 

Get all the information before trying to lecture people in the future about being informed. But then again, being on the left does grant you the ability to automatically be correct in everything you post. 

Once again, you have not provided a link supporting your statements about Eric Ciamarella  or your claim about Ken Vogel and the NY times.  You get your news from Faux News, people are justifiably skeptical of your unsupported claims.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Once again, you have not provided a link supporting your statements about Eric Ciamarella  or your claim about Ken Vogel and the NY times.  You get your news from Faux News, people are justifiably skeptical of your unsupported claims.

On May 1, 2019, Vogel contacted State Department official Kate Schilling about a story he was working on regarding an Obama administration meeting in January 2016 with Ukrainian prosecutors and mentioned the name of the CIA analyst believed to be the whistleblower whose complaint sparked impeachment proceedings that led to two articles of impeachment: abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/laura-ingraham-shows-emails-tying-alleged-ukraine-whistleblower-to-obama-white-house-meeting-on-burisma

I predict you will discount the source because it does not fit into the basket of approved liberal "accepted" sources. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Are they? For what precisely? 

" Other sources of income for President Trump’s eldest child include paid speeches, which bring in up to $100,000 per engagement. "   https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-worth/business-people/donald-trump-jr-net-worth/

" Donald Trump Jr. is being paid $100,000 to participate in a Texas public university speaking series sponsored by the company of a major Republican donor — a fee that is as much as double what President Trump's eldest son appeared to have sought on the lecture circuit before this year. "  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/donald-trump-jr-is-getting-100000-for-university-speech-sponsored-by-gop-donors-company/2017/09/01/d2f0493a-8f22-11e7-8df5-c2e5cf46c1e2_story.html

" On April 6, Ivanka Trump’s company won provisional approval from the Chinese government for three new trademarks, giving it monopoly rights to sell Ivanka brand jewelry, bags and spa services in the world’s second-largest economy. That night, the first daughter and her husband, Jared Kushner, sat next to the president of China and his wife for a steak and Dover sole dinner at Mar-a-Lago, her father’s Florida resort. "  https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ivanka-trump-brand-20170418-story.html

Are you going to tell us they aren't trading on their father's name?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

On May 1, 2019, Vogel contacted State Department official Kate Schilling about a story he was working on regarding an Obama administration meeting in January 2016 with Ukrainian prosecutors and mentioned the name of the CIA analyst believed to be the whistleblower whose complaint sparked impeachment proceedings that led to two articles of impeachment: abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/laura-ingraham-shows-emails-tying-alleged-ukraine-whistleblower-to-obama-white-house-meeting-on-burisma

I predict you will discount the source because it does not fit into the basket of approved liberal "accepted" sources. 

Nothing to do but repeat the first post:

Nowhere in your link does it support your claim that "Eric ciamarella working for the Obama administration NSC was part of the pressure campaign on Ukraine to dig up dirt on an opposing political campaign and was also a friend of the other nsc employee who went to work on Adam schiffs staff. It is blatantly clear what this is all about,"

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Yes I do. CNN NBC and msnbc are full of biased pundits posing as journalists. 

Agreed, though they are not as full of it as Fox.  That's why I get my news by reading established sources that have spent decades earning a reputation for objective, factual reporting.  You should try it.

• Haha 2

I see their are some debates on Trump's corruption and shady cronyism.

Anyone debating against Trump's corruption and practices is wrong..

Regarding Trump’s corruption and the need for impeachment not due to bi-partisan politics favorable to one side or another but rather for standing up for what is right. The reality is Trump has multiple instances of corruption. Pelosi, is going about this impeachment with a ‘very narrow’ hand. Here are impeachable offenses:

1.      Reduced programs of the Federal Government. Including, EPA, OCEA, Product Safety Commission. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. According to the makers of the constitution this is impeachable behavior

2.      Defiant refusal to execute the laws

3.      Enrichment of his family from foreign governments (Emoluments clause)

4.      Wrongful appropriations of the powers of congress. Example, building ‘the wall.’

5.      Armed forces active in nine countries without approval.

With all these above, you get conservatives/REP. who are mostly White Americans who continue to support the guy...Oh high school students seem to love Trump also...keep em dumbed down is the stance these Catholic schools must be taking...

Edited by Solinvictus
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

" Other sources of income for President Trump’s eldest child include paid speeches, which bring in up to $100,000 per engagement. "   https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-worth/business-people/donald-trump-jr-net-worth/

" Donald Trump Jr. is being paid $100,000 to participate in a Texas public university speaking series sponsored by the company of a major Republican donor — a fee that is as much as double what President Trump's eldest son appeared to have sought on the lecture circuit before this year. "  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/donald-trump-jr-is-getting-100000-for-university-speech-sponsored-by-gop-donors-company/2017/09/01/d2f0493a-8f22-11e7-8df5-c2e5cf46c1e2_story.html

" On April 6, Ivanka Trump’s company won provisional approval from the Chinese government for three new trademarks, giving it monopoly rights to sell Ivanka brand jewelry, bags and spa services in the world’s second-largest economy. That night, the first daughter and her husband, Jared Kushner, sat next to the president of China and his wife for a steak and Dover sole dinner at Mar-a-Lago, her father’s Florida resort. "  https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ivanka-trump-brand-20170418-story.html

Are you going to tell us they aren't trading on their father's name?

Are speech fees now fair game? If so, you'll have a really hard time with the entire DC machine on both sides. 

Are trademarks illegal? Is Ivanka doing illegal things in this company or anywhere else? Is she a board member of a company that she knows nothing about?

If you want to imply some kind of political payoff, then investigate it and see if that is a fact. 

I would like to know how the Albright group has benifited in China and how she got so wealthy off it. 

It would be great if it became illegal to profit off political power and influence. It should be illegal to be appointed to a company that someone had political influence in. The problem is, that would disqualify most of the DC establishment. 

I am sure after the failed coup, they may look into the Ivanka issue, go for it. They will never stop to use any tactics to get what they want. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

I see their are some debates on Trump's corruption and shady cronyism.

Anyone debating against Trump's corruption and practices is wrong..

Regarding Trump’s corruption and the need for impeachment not due to bi-partisan politics favorable to one side or another but rather for standing up for what is right. The reality is Trump has multiple instances of corruption. Pelosi, is going about this impeachment with a ‘very narrow’ hand. Here are impeachable offenses:

1.      Reduced programs of the Federal Government. Including, EPA, OCEA, Product Safety Commission. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. According to the makers of the constitution this is impeachable behavior

2.      Defiant refusal to execute the laws

3.      Enrichment of his family from foreign governments (Emoluments clause)

4.      Wrongful appropriations of the powers of congress. Example, building ‘the wall.’

5.      Armed forces active in nine countries without approval.

With all these above, you get conservatives/REP. who are mostly White Americans who continue to support the guy...Oh high school students seem to love Trump also...keep em dumbed down is the stance these Catholic schools must be taking...

Those 5 things you listed as impeachable are hilarious. 

Can you expound on these with your obvious great legal prowess please. 

Don't forget to use previous administrations to make sure you are aware of the obvious lack of objective reality you are experiencing. 

Thank you 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Are speech fees now fair game? If so, you'll have a really hard time with the entire DC machine on both sides. 

Are trademarks illegal? Is Ivanka doing illegal things in this company or anywhere else? Is she a board member of a company that she knows nothing about?

If you want to imply some kind of political payoff, then investigate it and see if that is a fact. 

I would like to know how the Albright group has benifited in China and how she got so wealthy off it. 

It would be great if it became illegal to profit off political power and influence. It should be illegal to be appointed to a company that someone had political influence in. The problem is, that would disqualify most of the DC establishment. 

I am sure after the failed coup, they may look into the Ivanka issue, go for it. They will never stop to use any tactics to get what they want. 

You posted " Is having several relatives profit directly from your political influence a crime?  "  I pointed out that if it were the Trump children would be going to jail.  Are you suggesting that these speaking fees and dinner with  a leader is not the result of Trump's political influence?

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Nothing to do but repeat the first post:

Nowhere in your link does it support your claim that "Eric ciamarella working for the Obama administration NSC was part of the pressure campaign on Ukraine to dig up dirt on an opposing political campaign and was also a friend of the other nsc employee who went to work on Adam schiffs staff. It is blatantly clear what this is all about,"

The Vogel NY times info is in the link, if you read it. It is also in the report by ingraham and the words of the former Ukrainian official in the meeting. 

You can ignore this if it feeds the narrative you want. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You posted " Is having several relatives profit directly from your political influence a crime?  "  I pointed out that if it were the Trump children would be going to jail.  Are you suggesting that these speaking fees and dinner with  a leader is not the result of Trump's political influence?

No, I'm not. 

But if you are going to call out one side, then accept that it is a problem for both sides. If anyone in DC wants to change it, then pass legislation.

Just be honest about what the previous administrations have done in this regard instead of just one side. Joe Biden has had 2 brothers, a sister a brother in law and his son ALL benefit from his political influence. Just be honest about it all. 

I think it should all stop. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Agreed, though they are not as full of it as Fox.  That's why I get my news by reading established sources that have spent decades earning a reputation for objective, factual reporting.  You should try it.

You can't be serious, the thrill up the leg network and a network passing debate questions are not as "full of it" 

You can't be this blind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

The Vogel NY times info is in the link, if you read it. It is also in the report by ingraham and the words of the former Ukrainian official in the meeting. 

You can ignore this if it feeds the narrative you want. 

Nowhere in that article is there anything to support your claim:

" So you are ignoring the fact that Eric ciamarella working for the Obama administration NSC was part of the pressure campaign on Ukraine to dig up dirt on an opposing political campaign and was also a friend of the other nsc employee who went to work on Adam schiffs staff. It is blatantly clear what this is all about.  "

Prove me wrong; identify the words in the article that support this claim.

I admit that the article claimed that Vogel sought information about a story that was not published.  I overlooked it because it is so bland.  Nothing sinister about it, unless you really like to imagine conspiracies.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

You can't be serious, the thrill up the leg network and a network passing debate questions are not as "full of it" 

You can't be this blind. 

It is pointless to argue which network has the most and worst pundits.  People serious about staying informed read, they don't watch tv.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

No, I'm not. 

But if you are going to call out one side, then accept that it is a problem for both sides. If anyone in DC wants to change it, then pass legislation.

Just be honest about what the previous administrations have done in this regard instead of just one side. Joe Biden has had 2 brothers, a sister a brother in law and his son ALL benefit from his political influence. Just be honest about it all. 

I think it should all stop. 

You are the one who did the initial call out.  I pointed out that it applies to the current President's children.

You want people to stop benefiting from their father's name.  Good luck with that. 

There is zero evidence that Joe Biden did anything illegal or unethical to benefit his son. 

46 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Stop feeding the troll.

The last few pages all off topic deflection about anyone but trump.  Hint, this is about what trump did, not anyone else.

I see a part of Boltons book just got leaked. Throws trump under the bus. Makes it really hard not to call him now.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/480014-bolton-book-alleges-trump-tied-ukraine-aid-freeze-to-biden

Yeah he might work for intelligence in Thailand...or just another brick in the wall...all good music this morning. Cheers for the nice post!

;0

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chiphigh said:

As I've said before.  More attempts to criminalize legal behaviors. Stalinesque.

Trademarks. LOL I've had that thrown at me before.  It costs money to apply for trademarks -- nonrefundable if not granted.  I know.  I applied for and received one.  All it does is prevent others from stealing your design.  Ho hum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Right...but the alleged misconduct has occurred in a foreign country not in Queens or Orange County.

Foreign assistance, as per international law is not off limits.

Especially as it relates to federal tax revenue.

• Like 2