U.S. Senate rejects Democratic bid for documents in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

9 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

The claims were referenced with links. You can call them outlandish if you choose. 

Then you ask for another reference, I tell you precisely where to find it and you whine about it. 

I get it, he's guilty and there is no need to discuss it with anyone. Welcome to the lefts world of open minded big tent wokeness. 

As has been explained repeatedly, your claims were "referenced with links" that did not support your claims.

Edited by heybruce
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chiphigh said:

Does that include the Obama administration too? Or is this just for the Republicans? 

A bit late, but show us an example of the Obama administration requesting foreign interference in an election.  Don't provide an irrelevant link and claim it proves something, provide a credible source and quote applicable parts of the source.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

A man here is literally with a straight face claiming to be a mind reader. He claims 1. To KNOW Zelensky, a man he has never met, is lying in front of his own Country about a matter of grave importance 2. He claims to also KNOW all of Zelensky's internal reasoning. 3. He claims to KNOW Trump's internal reasoning for wanting an investigation that is likewise opposite of what the President stated publicly. 4. He claims that his presumed mind reading of President Trump is proof of Abuse of Power. 

Well Ladies and Gentlemen the moment has arrived Thought Crime is now a crime. Grab your guns and hunker down! They're coming!

I have explained in terms anyone can understand why Zelensky would not admit to pressure.  For that reason his denial of pressure can not be taken at face value.

Once again you ignore the question of what Zelensky could gain by confirming that he was pressured by Trump.

You ignore the question because the answer is obvious:  confirming that Trump was pressuring him presented no upside to Ukraine and plenty of downside.

Edited by heybruce
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

Never too late. You know that Democrat impeachment managers voted against Ukraine aid, which they say Trump's brief delay of caused grievous harm to the nation?  To me, that is the very definition of the Democratic party.

Your reply has nothing to do with my post.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

John Bolton -  One thing for damn sure. This is a man who will NOT want to go down in history as the man who caused Communist Bernie Sanders to become the next President of the United States, no matter what animosity he may feel about Trump. 

If the reports about the book are correct, are you assuming that John Bolton will defy a Senate subpoena after saying he was willing to testify, or that he will perjure himself in front of the Senate?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, rabas said:

Never too late. You know that Democrat impeachment managers voted against Ukraine aid, which they say Trump's brief delay of caused grievous harm to the nation?  To me, that is the very definition of Democrat.

Pathetic and irrelevant attempt at misleading. These Democrats did not vote  against various National Defense Authorization Act because of opposition to aiding Ukraine. Aid to Ukraine composed a minisucle part of the entire bill. They did not oppose aiding Ukraine. 

U.S. House to vote on massive defense bill Wednesday, Democrats divided

The U.S. House of Representatives is due to vote on Wednesday - and likely pass - a $738 billion defense bill setting policy on everything from family leave to fighter jets, despite opposition among some Democrats who control the chamber...

But the compromise NDAA does not include several policy planks the House included in the version of the bill it passed in July.

Those include a provision that would have barred Trump from using military funds to build a wall on the border with Mexico, and a measure that would have ended all support for the Saudi Arabia-led military campaign in Yemen.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-defense-congress/u-s-house-to-vote-on-massive-defense-bill-wednesday-democrats-divided-idUSKBN1YF025

House passes ‘progressive’ defense bill, 377-48

In a strong bipartisan vote, the House passed a compromise defense policy bill that authorizes a new Space Force and $738 billion for the Pentagon. However, a small but vocal group of Democrats voted against it because of the absence of new war powers restrictions, arms control language and border wall mandates. The vote was 377-48.

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/2019/12/11/house-passes-progressive-defense-bill-377-48/

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I have answered your ridiculous hypothetical question twice. Here one more time, and this is the last.

He gains what all men gain when they tell the truth. He gained the internal strength that all men gain when they tell the truth, likewise he had nothing to gain by telling a lie because if he had reason to believe the relationship with the USA was in ANY jeopardy, it is a reasonable assumption he would have appealed to the bipartisan congressional consensus in the USA, and to American public opinion. Is that clear enough?

Fortunately, no Assumption is required by me as Zelensky has been quite clear with his own words on the topic. So we know what he thinks because he has told us.

Trump is notoriously thin-skinned and vengeful.  You think Zelensky would offend him with the truth regardless of the cost to Ukraine?

Zelensky probably knows US politics better than you.  Trump has the means to exact retribution regardless of any "bipartisan congressional consensus".  Also, history has shown that what Trump directs his Republican congressional lapdogs to do is usually obeyed, so the continuation of the bipartisan consensus is far from assured.

Interesting that you think telling the truth gives internal strength.  Trump must be totally devoid of such strength, it's a wonder he doesn't deflate like a balloon.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

My assumptions on John Bolton re my last post are from following the career of John Bolton from perhaps before you were born.

And if that isn't true, and I am wrong about your age, then shame on you for not having a better understanding of the kind of guy John Bolton is. 

As for witnesses, as I said before Democrats should be careful about calling witnesses whose testimony they can't control.

Dodged another question.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

If you are going to use this standard as an example, then the Obama administration is guilty of this and they should be in jail. Agreed? 

Once again, an absurd claim unsupported by any evidence.  Apparently my request that you not provide an irrelevant link resulted in no link at all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, rabas said:

Broad statement on the long term behaviour of the Democratic party that fully explains the current impeachment  nonsense. Beyond 100% relevant.

Read the post that you replied to.  What did your topic have to do with evidence of the Obama administration seeking foreign interference in US elections?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2