Transportation: Bangkok to Bang Saray

jekey

7 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

You ask for the one that goes via Sattahip, and that one does go via Sukumvit

I see the bus all the time and it has big letter on it, Bangkok-Sattahip-Rayong

But I wouldn't know, I only live in Bang Sarey 

Thanks. In case anyone has the same question in the future, I'll provide more info. 

1. Leaving from Sai Tai Mai: go to the outside area where the minivans are and look/ask for Sattahip (I ended up taking the full size Coach bus to Pattaya (119b) and then a taxi to Bang Saray for 600 baht and the whole trip took over 4 hours). The buses leave every 2 hours I think. Then get off just after HomePro on Sukhumvit. You'll have to walk down to the beach area which is quite far; I don't know if there are taxi/motorbike's at HomePro that could take you there. Also, I don't know if there are Coach buses to this area available from within the terminal upstairs on the upper floor. I was directed to the outside. 

2. Leaving from Ekkamai bus terminal: here they leave every 40 minutes and go all the way down Sukhumvit and you can get off the same as above - at or after HomePro.

I'm less knowledgable about the best way to return. I found my way back by walking up to Sukhumvit and waiting on the side of the road until I saw a minivan flash their lights at me. It was completely full and the air conditioner barely worked to keep all the bodies cool. The van stopped at every possible stop and dropped off and took in new passengers all along the way. Surely there's a faster option but I don't know it!  The alternative is to take a songtaew/baht bus (20b) down Suk to Pattaya bus terminal and then take the bus back to BKK. Not sure that's faster though.