Beer Chang Light

The Dan Sai Kid

Whilst cooling my heals in darkest Issan I decided to try some different beers, for a change. I purchased a bottle of Chang Light and was so surprised at what I got. It is a good light-tasting beer that has really crisp taste. I am a convert. No more will I suffer the inevitible splitting hangover.

Beer Chang Light for me!!

Whilst cooling my heals in darkest Issan I decided to try some different beers, for a change. I purchased a bottle of Chang Light and was so surprised at what I got. It is a good light-tasting beer that has really crisp taste. I am a convert. No more will I suffer the inevitible splitting hangover.

Beer Chang Light for me!!

It's been out for over a year and I still haven't tried it. What put me off originally was the Bht 500.00 plus price tag. Tried the *Chang* draught (in bottles!) but found that to be virtually tasteless. I'll stick to the Archa at Bht 250.00.

looks like I'm in a minority of 1 then! It's around 4% which is average for Scottish beers - maybe I am genetically pre-disposed to like it then!

As far as I remember:

*Chang* - 6.4% abv

Archa - 5.4% abv

*Chang* Draught - 4. something abv

*Chang* Lite - 4.2% abv

erm, right. There's a great new invention. It's called, "7-11". You go into a "7-11" and they sell beer by the bottle! I realise that this may seem radical - but I think it's an idea that could catch on...

Much too radical for me! It's a bit like putting 2 litres of diesel in the tank. I attempt at all times to minimise the effort by buying 6 cases at a time.

erm, right. There's a great new invention. It's called, "7-11". You go into a "7-11" and they sell beer by the bottle! I realise that this may seem radical - but I think it's an idea that could catch on...

Only at certain times of the day :o

I don't mind Chang Light, or Chang Draught if it comes to that, both are harmless lager type beers but they tend to be hard to get, even in Big C, and impossible in the village. I stick to Leo myself.

I heard Singha Light is only the re-labled Singha Gold, a fairly ordinary beer at best, but haven't had the latter for so long it would be hard to tell by taste.

Chang lite, good news, 4%, just my cup of beer!! been drinking heineken at near 280bht a day, do you good gentlemen know if Tesco lotus sell this in Udon thani, or even Makro? thanks and cheers!!

Only at certain times of the day :o

Very good point. My wholesaler sells beer whenever she is open (09:00 - 18:00).

san miguel light is the best tasting beer brewed in thailand by far. in fact, it's the only beer that doesnt give you the cringe after taking a swallow like u get from a shot of booze.

It's interesting how different people have very different tastes.

San Miguel light tastes bad to me, but the normal San Miguel tastes much better, to me.

Archa, is a cheep beer, in all ways. I used to drink it sometimes, but have since stopped.

Singh light was horrible.

Chang light didn't taste much better.

I don't like Chang too much, other than at a Thai meal.

I find Chang Draft the best of the cheap beers, although I'm trying to get a case or two of Beer Laos (I lost the Bangkok guys number :o )

So it's Chang Draft for me, unless I can get a box or two of Beer Laos. :D

Edited by jasreeve17

Chang Light is my favorite. It tastes more like the American lagers than any other beer I have tried. San Mig Light is okay. It tastes a lot like Miller Lite to me. I like to drink Singh Light whenever I don't want to get drunk since it has less than 4% alcohol. If none of the above is available, I'll always just order a Heineken. I'm not really a big fan of the high alcohol % beers but that is probably just because I grew up drinking American beers which are usually around 4.2% alcohol.

hee hee, I bought a bottle of Chang Draft today -i thought it was horrible, it tasted like Chang to me! I will be trying to stick to Chang Light!!

:D I just had a couple of Change draft (amonst others) today and it tasted mai dee to me too? The San Miguel (mai liiiite) tasted good though.

It's a daily thing. I must keep experimenting. :o

I'll take your advice and try the Chang Lite tomorrow. (don't think much of the hineken though - I'm a guinness man at heart, but too blooody expensive in these here parts.)

I'll stick to the Archa at Bht 250.00.

Amen to that !! :D

totster :D

Is that 250b for a crate? I have never seen this Bia Archa in BKK, anyone know where to get it around Bangkhen?

Cheers!

KD :o

Yes, Kretin, Bht 250.00 for a 12 x 640 ml case. The empties sell for between Bht 6.00 and Bht 8.00 per case.

post-123-1176000368_thumb.jpg

Chang Light is my favorite. It tastes more like the American lagers than any other beer I have tried. San Mig Light is okay. It tastes a lot like Miller Lite to me. I like to drink Singh Light whenever I don't want to get drunk since it has less than 4% alcohol. If none of the above is available, I'll always just order a Heineken. I'm not really a big fan of the high alcohol % beers but that is probably just because I grew up drinking American beers which are usually around 4.2% alcohol.

tastes like american lager, well i was up for giving it a try, but now.....................

well, leo it is for me... as long as no german beer is availale or affordable.

regards

timo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to dan sai kid, im converted to chang lite from heineken, in my v illage i can buy 12 bottles for 430bht, if you can keep and drink it chilled, it dosent take on that sour taste of some warm lagers, it also seems friendly on the stomach next day,

Chang lite has my vote!!

Cheers, Lickey :o