Thailand confirms fifth case of new coronavirus

snoop1130

Oh all you folks, here is my observation of the whole bad virus.

I was infected, had it all, fever, runny nose, watering  eyes, bad headache and believe it or not, pneumonia.

Had big needles stuck through my back into my lungs to drain the fluid, vacum pipes in my sinunses   a n d now I am pretty much fine thank yyou

This virus/ bacteria virus is not a joke.

It can even get thriugh a full biohazard suit.

So be afraid, be very afraid.

Any person any place and at any time.

23 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

I was infected, had it all, fever, runny nose, watering  eyes, bad headache and believe it or not, pneumonia.

Had big needles stuck through my back into my lungs to drain the fluid, vacum pipes in my sinunses   a n d now I am pretty much fine thank yyou

hahaha of course you did sweety, now back to bed..

28 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Have a dip into British tabloid media mate. They paint a decent doomsday picture and most of them don't have a paywall. Free sensationalism at your fingertips.

By the way, 36,000 Americans died of flu related causes last year. In America.

Sleep tight.

Forget tabloids. Here's a doctor's review of a study just released.

Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD - the new coronavirus is a 3.8!!! How bad is that reproductive R0 value? It is thermonuclear pandemic level bad -  I’m not exaggerating...  (R_O is the average number of new infections from each infected person)   https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1220919589623803905.html

we predict the epidemic in Wuhan will be substantially larger by 4 February (191,529 infections; prediction interval, 132,751-273,649), infection will be established in other Chinese cities, and importations to other countries will be more frequent. Our model suggests that..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, rabas said:

Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD - the new coronavirus is a 3.8!!! How bad is that reproductive R0 value? It is thermonuclear pandemic level bad -  I’m not exaggerating...  (R_O is the average number of new infections from each infected person)   https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1220919589623803905.html

we predict the epidemic in Wuhan will be substantially larger by 4 February (191,529 infections; prediction interval, 132,751-273,649), infection will be established in other Chinese cities, and importations to other countries will be more frequent. Our model suggests that..

I presume the doctor is being sarcastic? Saying he has never seen a viraliy Co-efficient in his life other than on Twitter.

There are many schools in Pattaya, Bangkok and throughout the country, where there is a high concentration of Chinese children. Via their families, and possibly visiting relatives, they are potential carriers of the virus.  Should consideration be given to excluding them from school for the time being, or at least segregating them from non Chinese students?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, justin case said:

I bet a lot of thais are taking antibiotics right now, just in case they might get sick...

lol

totally useless against a virus and you destroy your immune system that is supposed to fight intruders

Just wear the correct amulet .   Simple really !

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I presume the doctor is being sarcastic? Saying he has never seen a viraliy Co-efficient in his life other than on Twitter.

No. His twitter comment abbreviated (dropped) "like this".   R_O is the most common number.  He is a public health scientist and Epidemiologist, and expert in this area, another comment confirms his view:

I’ll be honest - as an epidemiologist, I’m really deeply worried about this new coronavirus outbreak. 1) the virus has an upward infection trajectory curve much steeper than SARS. 2) it can be transmitted person to person before symptoms appear — I.e. it is silently contagious!

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lacrimas said:

I could say the same about your post. It is totally unrelated to the conversation. Why do you think China has something good to offer to the world besides nasty viruses, awful tourists and cheap products that are killing countries economies?

Says a man who is probably writing this on a Chinese made device. It is an ancient civilisation and the biggest country in the world. Whatever it's faults, and it has many a lot of it's growth on steroids was funded by and done with the active support of the west. We are all in this together anyway and I for one are thankful that they are now taking this seriously and devoting huge resources to contain it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rabas said:

Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Ding

Crikey that is a horror stat. He must know what he is talking about. Imagine how many people get colds in an average year - most of us do now put the coronavirus into the mix and skew it towards the old,young and immune deficients and you are looking at a health holocaust. I hope and pray he is wrong but I'm preparing myself for the worst. 

Symptoms in infected people have ranged from mild to severe. Around a quarter of confirmed cases are severe, according to the WHO. So far, the fatality rate is around 4 percent, though that could change as the outbreak progresses.

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Nurse bring his medication please

• Like 1

Just a PSA,  

aspirin was discovered to be the cause of the cytokine storm that killed a lot of people who had Spanish Flu, and ibuprofen is, like aspirin, an NSAID. Acetaminophen (Tylenol), on the other hand, is not, which is why, while ibuprofen and naproxen are not aspirin, they're close enough that I would just use Tylenol to be safe.

If this is anything like the Spanish flu,  then Lay off the NSAIDs if you get sick.   If you are infected and take them, you may invoke a cytokine storm.   

38 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Ding

Crikey that is a horror stat. He must know what he is talking about. Imagine how many people get colds in an average year - most of us do now put the coronavirus into the mix and skew it towards the old,young and immune deficients and you are looking at a health holocaust. I hope and pray he is wrong but I'm preparing myself for the worst. 

Symptoms in infected people have ranged from mild to severe. Around a quarter of confirmed cases are severe, according to the WHO. So far, the fatality rate is around 4 percent, though that could change as the outbreak progresses.

I was watching the Netflix's Pandemic yesterday and they mentioned swine flu infected 2B people. I have no idea where that number came from, but it was presented. It's R0 was about 1.6. The Wuhan virus with such high R0 and apparently some indication it's infectious when asymptomatic would then have good chances of easily infecting over half of the world's population. 4% of that is quite a few.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

Says a man who is probably writing this on a Chinese made device. It is an ancient civilisation and the biggest country in the world. Whatever it's faults, and it has many a lot of it's growth on steroids was funded by and done with the active support of the west. We are all in this together anyway and I for one are thankful that they are now taking this seriously and devoting huge resources to contain it. 

47 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

Yep ! and right after arresting anyone that had previously mentioned it, hoping to "keep the lid on " Only now that it is out are they really being serious about it.

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I was watching the Netflix's Pandemic yesterday and they mentioned swine flu infected 2B people. I have no idea where that number came from, but it was presented. It's R0 was about 1.6. The Wuhan virus with such high R0 and apparently some indication it's infectious when asymptomatic would then have good chances of easily infecting over half of the world's population. 4% of that is quite a few.

Do not believe only 28 had swine flu. My son was one, hospital for 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, rabas said:

Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding:

'Estimate, predict, unlikely.'

I'll stick with facts if it's all the same to you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

My post #79 lit the serious fuse on this virus outbreak.   It looks like more collaborative information from people on the front lines is getting out of China via VPN. 

I wanted to say I want to retract 1 thing I said.  I said it was airborne.  That is not verified at this time.  It is human to human which means maybe  cough and sneezing droplets are required.   

several people have joked about the man who said he had all the symptoms as well as pneumonia and tubal drainage.    Perhaps he had it.  Perhaps I had it.  It's not like  doctors are doing a DNA test on everyone with  flu symptoms during flu season.   I didnt even go see a doctor but I did post a thread.  My  lung  sputum and nasal drainage remained clear so I didnt start the zpack I always carry with me.  Any more blocking of my lungs and I would have gone to a hospital. I had travel insurance.    I dont enjoy an abdominal workout from coughing my guts out for 2 days. 

I traveled through  PVG Shanghai Dec 25 arriving BKk 2:00 am 26th.  There was a crude thermal monitoring station set up then.  

This seems to be a serious matter and joking seems rather  childish and maybe regrettable in the future. 

I did seem to fully recover but in BKK going from sweaty walks to chilly BTS how does one tell if they have a slight fever.  I did seem to have a tickle cough return about 10 days later for 3-4 days but it seems ok now.   My flight had 98% chinese on it from PVG to Seattle on jan 21st and I was surprised at how few masks.  Seemed less mask wearers than a normal Asian  flight.  Landed in Seattle where the 1st USA case had arrived 2 days earlier  and no thermal scan.  So I dont trust any government.    it seems to me basic thermal imaging should be a permanent fixture at all airport departure and arrival points and not a reactionary Half Baked camera on a tripod like Thailand had on dec 26.  

Wu Han is a city with 11 million people they must have dozens of hospitals there. I know I've watched videos and read  where they referred to at least Hospital number 5. If that one medical workers crying report after her shift with so many people dying was accurate with each of the ten doctors seeing  a hundred patients that's a thousand cases if they all had it. That's in one Hospital in one day and the current official report is around 1400 cases total worldwide. My math Wizardry  has declined quite a bit but I'm not stupid. 

And I also cringed at the snoty looking fingerprint pads.  Take wipes along.  

I see  a model above a few posts saying Twitter posts have been deleted? I try to never include a link through Twitter.   I delete the twitter <deleted> on the end so it's a url link.  I did include a twitter handle in my post #79 I would be severely <deleted> if that's "ALSO" censored  or not allowed here ???

What type of Twitter posts are not allowed on this site?. I think in a medical crisis like this in a communist  country it's a great example of where Twitter and other social media are the only news outlets that people can trust to get reliable up-to-date information. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elkski said:

My post #79 lit the serious fuse on this virus outbreak.   It looks like more collaborative information from people on the front lines is getting via VPN. 

I wanted to say I want to retract 1 thing I said.  I said it was airborne.  That is not verified at this time.  It is human to human which means maybe  cough and sneezing droplets are required.   

several people have joked about the man who said he had all the symptoms as well as pneumonia and tubal drainage.    Perhaps he had it.  Perhaps I had it.  Iys not doctors are doing s DNA test on everyone with  flu symptoms during flu season.   I didnt even go see a doctor but I did post a thread.  My  lung  sputum and nasal drainage remained clear so I didnt start the zpack I always carry with me.  Any more blocking of my lungs and I would have gone to hospital.   I dont enjoy an abdominal workout from coughing my guts out for 2 days. 

I traveled through  PVG Shanghai Dec 25 arriving BKk 2:00 am 26th.  There was thermal monitoring station set up then.  

This seems to be a serious matter and joking seems rather  childish and maybe regrettable in the future. 

I did seem to fully recover but in BKK foing from sweaty walks to chilly BTS how does one tell if they have a slight fever.  I did seem to have a tickle cough return about 10 days later for 3-4 days but it seems ok now.   My flight had 98% chinese on it from PVG on the 21st and I was surprised at how few masks.  Seemed less than a normal Asian  flight.  Landed in Seattle where the 1st USA case had arrived 2 days earlier  and no thermal scan.  So I dont trust any government.    it seems to me basic thermal imaging should be a permanent fixture at all airport departure and arrival points and not a reactionary Half Baked camera on a tripod like thsilsnd has on dec 26.  

Wu Han is a city with 11 million people they must have dozens of hospitals there I know I've watched videos and red. That's where they referred to at least Hospital number 5. If that one medical workers crying report after her shift with so many people dying was accurate with each of the ten doctors sing a hundred patients that's a thousand cases in one Hospital in one day and the current report is around 1400 cases total worldwide. My math Wizardry  has declined quite a bit but I'm not stupid. 

He said he was tested and did not have it....