Drill Press

lujanit

Hi All,

I need a drill press with a minimum of 150 mm working radius. The maximum working radius I can find online is 143 mm. I know 7 mm is not that much however the template is set at 150 mm and cannot be changed.

I tried modifying a standard drill press yet no success.

Does anyone know where to buy one in BKK? I would prefer a bench top model.  Bang Pho is worth a visit however I have had disappointed results before looking for woodworking supplies.

TIA

2 hours ago, lujanit said:

Thanks however their online site shows no drill presses. Odd, maybe I am calling it the wrong thing.

The online sites in Thailand only have a small selection of items carried, specially if you don’t use Thai, the HQ probably has hundreds of thousands of items. The only real way is to visit.

FWIW my bench top drill has a 180mm centre of chuck to pillar and it’s not special 4B583A1E-6AA0-4283-875C-12889BA6B63C.jpeg.dff05d501281d72dc0e39b7115cdb2c3.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

Across Worachuk St. from Khlong Thom market in Chinatown, there are a couple of shops that sell lathes, mills, press brakes, drill presses, etc.  There are a few other shops scattered in the area, but I'd start with those 2.

13.746394°  100.506182°

There's also a shop on the corner here that carries lathes, mills, drill presses, etc.  A few shops on that alley also sell drill presses.  Big 'uns.  And a bunch of kiosks that sell bits, cutting tools, etc.  That entire area is a paradise for DIY'ers.

13.744683°  100.506706°

The best shops for machine tools like drill presses are closed on Sundays.  For bits and bobs, the kiosks are open...

Edit:  I'd add that there's an entire metals market close to the Hua Lampong MRT/Train station where they sell the metal sheet, plate, rod, pipe, fittings, etc.  They also have some shops that sell new and used machine tools.  It's an entire neighborhood, but here's a good place to start.  A brisk 5 minute walk from Hua Lampong.  10-15 minutes if you walk like a local...

13.736722°  100.515020°

Edited by impulse

Thanks for the replies.  Should able to get one in Chinatown.  I am a bit wary of going there now as there will lots of chinese tourists.  I’ll wait until this coronavirus thing dies down.

Edited by lujanit
grammar