Language Translation

mrwebb8825

I get streaming TV from the states so it has all the latest commercials. I see 1 commercial where a lady is at home in a conference call on what looks to be a laptop. The man is explaining to his daughter that "Mommy is speaking to people in Japan but they can understand each other perfectly" basically saying the Japanese people are hearing Japanese while she is speaking English and vice versa.

To further elaborate on how well it works the little girl grabs the screen only (seems it separates from the keyboard part of the laptop) and heads outside and starts talking to reindeer. I know, a little over the top.

Trouble is, it NEVER mentions the name of what it's advertising which bugs me. It only ends with a picture of a 4 color cube similar to the Windows logo but perfectly squared and not "sweeping" like the 1 I see when opening my computer with Windows OS.

Does anyone know what it is? i.e. laptop, app, program, etc. and does anyone know if it works for Thai in that robust of a conversational way? I've seen voice translation on students phones and the translation is <deleted> like Google Translate and only speaks one-way. You talk into the phone but read the translation.

Edited by mrwebb8825

Yepper JaiMaai, that's the commercial but have no idea about the product. Is it a downloadable/purchasable application or just a new laptop type product for sale. Also very curious if it actually works and if it has a good command of Thai.

If it's all it's supposed to be it will become a must have for the traveller and businessman. :wai: