Two charged for spreading fake coronavirus news

snoop1130

On 1/31/2020 at 2:37 PM, Syduan said:

Here's the truth of it all. 

Whaaaaat? The Gates  Foundation funded the group that owns the Patent on this new virus????

So why is it everyone is  blaming the Chinese for the outbreak? Not their leaky Lab?

Conspiracy theories ? Truth? What about the alleged vaccine already patented?

This Spiros guy is a prolific Youtuber  sensationalist. While what he presents is usually a "conspiracy" scenario as is this one it ignores the fact that the Event 201 which he declares beyond coincidental beuse  in timing is so "coincidental" that if this  outbreak was  deliberate it would be so suspicious that it would be  part of a very serious investigation already. Coincidence is often defined as....coincidence. If the  new coronavirus outbreak were to occur in a few years time would that be a coincidence? To reference Event  201 then would  not remove the intrigue of conspiracy allegations but would it be a coincidence  still?

IMO the emerging consistency of this style of media insinuations indicates growing dissension internal to the USA.

7 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Tips for keeping virus free. 

Wear face masks during visits to Big Care. Tesco or 7/11. And use the alcohol gel to clean the shopping basket or cart's handle. 

Insist that any bar-girl you might fancy keeps her mask on.

Don't keep touching your face or other peoples' unless you are sure they have not got the virus. 

Don't share tooth brushes or chopsticks until virus has gone. 

Simple things are sensible and could keep us alive.

Who in the heck would share tooth brushes that is beyond nasty

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 7:03 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I think in a way there is fake news about that virus all over the word all over the media.

Because let's look at the real risk. How many people are sick? How many people died?

And then compare those number with how many people die every day in traffic accidents in Thailand alone.

The virus risk is for most of us 0 or very near to 0. Why should we worry?

well if you read the doom sayers and conspiracy theorists here on thaivisa, one might suspect we were all already dead.

Besides what else do the majority of folks on here have to do rather than opine sagely on the state of thailand and the topic of the year.

read some of the threads the paranoia is loud and shrill.

this below is just one fine example.

First off it is laughable because it assumes the only reason we may have to leave the homestead is to go to big C or tesco.

secondly because it assumes we are all banging bargirls and that if we were we would actually interact with them while masked.

simple and sensible things that could keep us ALL alive indeed.

one does hope the advice were tongue in cheek, but sadly i suspect not.

7 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Wear face masks during visits to Big Care. Tesco or 7/11. And use the alcohol gel to clean the shopping basket or cart's handle. 

Don't keep touching your face or other peoples' unless you are sure they have not got the virus. 

Edited by metempsychotic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, metempsychotic said:

well if you read the doom sayers and conspiracy theorists here on thaivisa, one might suspect we were all already dead.

Besides what else do the majority of folks on here have to do rather than opine sagely on the state of thailand and the topic of the year.

read some of the threads the paranoia is loud and shrill.

this below is just one fine example.

First off it is laughable because it assumes the only reason we may have to leave the homestead is to go to big C or tesco.

secondly because it assumes we are all banging bargirls and that if we were we would actually interact with them while masked.

simple and sensible things that could keep us ALL alive indeed.

one does hope the advice were tongue in cheek, but sadly i suspect not.

7 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Well said metempsychotic.

It's the little tips that might make all the difference.

I've just read that the most vunerable part of the body is the eyes. Better to wear swimming goggles than a face mask I'm informed. Best to wear the clear ones, especially when in the markets.

This virus could kill a few farang if we do not keep our wits about us. For the drinkers I suggest making a small hole in the mask just big enough for a straw. And use the alcohol gel liberally in the toilet.

Wrapping feet inside plastic bags before slipping on the flip-flops as those with athletes foot are especially vunerable.

Half the human race could be infected this year. And if it takes hold in Africa; well it doesn't bear thinking about.

Stay safe, stay sound, stay alive.

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Well said metempsychotic.

It's the little tips that might make all the difference.

I've just read that the most vunerable part of the body is the eyes. Better to wear swimming goggles than a face mask I'm informed. Best to wear the clear ones, especially when in the markets.

This virus could kill a few farang if we do not keep our wits about us. For the drinkers I suggest making a small hole in the mask just big enough for a straw. And use the alcohol gel liberally in the toilet.

Wrapping feet inside plastic bags before slipping on the flip-flops as those with athletes foot are especially vunerable.

Half the human race could be infected this year. And if it takes hold in Africa; well it doesn't bear thinking about.

Stay safe, stay sound, stay alive.

Thank heaven you are not serious. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Thank heaven you are not serious. 

You'll not get any fake news from me.

Faràngs; be careful out there.

Don't be lured into some sort of stupor, thinking that it's a problem for others.

Stock up with a month's supply of food and water. Keep the air-conditioning OFF. Only venture out if extremely necessary.

Stay safe. Stay sound. Stay alive.

On 1/30/2020 at 2:03 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I think in a way there is fake news about that virus all over the word all over the media.

Because let's look at the real risk. How many people are sick? How many people died?

And then compare those number with how many people die every day in traffic accidents in Thailand alone.

The virus risk is for most of us 0 or very near to 0. Why should we worry?

The Spanish flu killed around 50 million between 1918 and 1919. The death rate of coronavirus is estimated to be 2-3%, which is slightly higher than Spanish flu. With small numbers infected in Thailand it’s hard to imagine that many could die. But bear in mind that sometime in late November 2019 only one Chinese person had this. This particular virus is highly contagious, and unlike Ebola and SARS it appear s to be transmittable by people who are not showing any symptoms. 

In early February 2020 your comment appears sensible, but if this contagion spreads we’ll be in a completely different world.

• Like 1