Chinese tourists desert Thai resort as coronavirus spreads

rooster59

32 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

This will hopefully be contained soon as it could do a lot of damage to the economy in some countries.

Also, it is annoying to see the cost of a mask increase  by 500%

I bought one for 10 baht a few months ago. Yesterday I see the same mask on sale for 50 baht.

Many people with investments wouldn't complain but be happy with such an increase in value and this in only a couple of days ????

A post containing unattributed content has been removed. Please provide a valid link to the source of information when posting:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences. 

Some disruptive troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

True. But at this point we need absolute transparency from the Chinese government, and a willingness to work with foreign experts on disease. Not something the Chicoms are used to doing. They need to bend their ways, to deal with this, before it becomes a much larger crisis than it already is. Had they treated the first doctor who reported this, back on December 31st with some respect and dignity, rather than arresting him, this might have been dealt with much sooner. He is now in the ICU fighting for his life. Most of the Chicom government are ideological numskulls, who need to be feared, and never given respect.

Yes. 

lucky we in thailand. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/attachments/2019/10/29/st_20191029_skinfect_5214565.pdf

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I had no trouble ordering 3 layer masks and 3M suits for me (XL) but I had to  go to an unknown brand for S size for the wife.   Both Du Pont and 3M seem to be out of S and only limited M.   Try Aliexpess.....but don't buy of a seller that is saying up to 40 days or April delivery they don't have stock now  for sure.

Overseas travel and tourism has boomed in China in the past 10 years or so along with all of their general economic growth. Yes, most of the tour bus loads of Chinese we all see in Pattaya/Phuket are very likely on their first ever overseas trip. They are often herded around by the "zero dollar" tour operators, but that poor treatment very quickly gets reported back through social media which has become very popular amongst average Chinese. The smaller groups of independent tourists are most likely on their second + visit and know better what they want and how to get it. But there is an almost endless supply of first timers, nowadays more often from the Provincial Cities - like Wuhan!

The Chinese outnumber everyone else on the planet and so yes, of course, they become the dominant group in every tourism market. Australia is usually swamped (bush fires and now the virus are a double whammy), cruise liner fulls swamping Venice, etc., etc. It is not likely to change anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

They are not the only country that have inexperienced travelers that choose the group tour option.Chinatowns all over the world will show that Chinese have a long history of traveling.

To go live in another country and be a frequent traveller are two different things.

• Like 1

Chinese will not travel to anywhere for a while...

China reports outbreak of deadly bird flu
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3048566/china-reports-outbreak-deadly-bird-flu-among-chickens-hunan

Coronavirus: Philippines reports first death outside China as Duterte orders travel ban on visitors from mainland, Hong Kong
The victim was a 44-year-old male Chinese national who was the companion of a 38-year-old Chinese woman who arrived in the Philippines from Wuhan on January 21
A new Philippine travel ban could apply to all travellers from China, regardless of nationality
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/3048576/china-coronavirus-duterte-orders-travel-ban-visitors
Philippines reports first death outside China

1 minute ago, ehs818 said:

That said, my simple response to the Corona Virus is to switch to Heineken. (joke4u).

I was wondering how that beer brand is doing at the moment ... fancy a Corona? Nah, give me a Heineken.

Human psychology ... unlucky name for a beer brand at the moment

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Once all this virus and madness will be over ( and it will ) Chinese will come back, don't worry about that. Okay, the year is screwed for everyone who was expecting to make money from the Chinese and they just have to survive to it, that's all there is. It's still better than to be dead.

• Like 2