UK's Johnson plans full border checks on EU goods - Telegraph

rooster59

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Another no idea Brexiteer.

At least we have our educated yoof on the remain side. I was shocked to hear it's going to be 20p to the pound after Brexit! I'll be changing all my pound coins up later, just in case...

And who knew the EU gave us the NHS! 

Edited by CG1 Blue

At last we have have a government who are not going to just sit back and take all the demands from Brussels! This is the way to negotiate. 

And Leo Varadkar needs to keep his oar out. He seems to have carved out a role for himself as chief UK basher. He needs to remember the ROI economy will be toast if the UK doesn't get a good deal. 

Britain 'will not be aligning with EU rules' - Raab

Dominic Raab argued agreeing to stick strongly with EU regulations would "defeat the point of Brexit".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51345776

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

At last we have have a government who are not going to just sit back and take all the demands from Brussels! This is the way to negotiate. 

And Leo Varadkar needs to keep his oar out. He seems to have carved out a role for himself as chief UK basher. He needs to remember the ROI economy will be toast if the UK doesn't get a good deal. 

Britain 'will not be aligning with EU rules' - Raab

Dominic Raab argued agreeing to stick strongly with EU regulations would "defeat the point of Brexit".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51345776

Then you know where you heading too.....by free choice WTO no other choice from E.U. side i think ..or a watery Canada or your other choice Australia one .....or last resort the Donald one .....make your pick ...plenty to choose from ????.   

only not the one you would like to have ...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, david555 said:

Then you know where you heading too.....by free choice WTO no other choice from E.U. side i think ..or a watery Canada or your other choice Australia one .....or last resort the Donald one .....make your pick ...plenty to choose from ????.

Plenty to choose from is correct ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why would they move from a free market zones with access to multiple free trade agreements to a small Island with no trade agreements?

Asking for a friend.

Britain is starting a trade war with itself. 

But then the guy is an expert - who needs them?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, winslowsjardine said:

Excellent point.

Not really... it's barely a point at all.

Britain isn't a small island. Britain does have trade agreements. 

...and Britain has more economic growth and a larger potential for growth and future trade agreements.

Moreover, it obviously depends what's being traded. What's the point in a free-trade zone with negative growth?! What exactly are you selling? And to whom? Businesses have to be where the money is and where the innovation is, because that's where the growth is. Growth in the EU is poor, regulation is high and expensive, and a glib remark that disingenuously oversimplifies the true situation is silly.

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

48.11% blah blah

another referendum blah blah

The Remainer moaning goes on even after we are now out!

Boris’s government is implementing the will of the majority, which was democratically shown twice. Although Remainers tried to, you can’t ignore that. 

not twice

once

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Aforek said:

Not all UK people; there are still 48 % of UK people who didn't want to leave

victory, yes, but not big victory 

in fact, I am "neutral", I am not British 

Over a million people is a big victory. It would have been more if the campaign was a level playing field and project fear from the Government and the BBC wasn't allowed top happen. Plus the 9 million pounds spent on leaflets going to every home, promoting the remain campaign.

If you were British you would understand and know this so yes in fact I can tell you are not.

12 hours ago, rhyddid said:

I am laughing, soon this gentleman will be the most hated mate by his own voters, as he will crunch UK economy so hard as they will never forget.

I am laughing also, as we have heard the same claptrap since before the referendum. Not only is it tedious but the stats just don't support it.

Unemployment in the UK down and compare to the rest of the EU low. The economy doing better than nearly all of the EU countries but yes the tin pot brigade are still sat in their panic rooms storing supplies waiting for armagedden.

I isn't going to happen just like the UK will never rejoin the EU

• Like 1

21 hours ago, baansgr said:

You should know us knuckle dragging, beer swilling, bovver boot wearing brexiters can't spell...but so predictable you fell for it....knew you would use the spelling police response, supprised you didnt ask when I last readed a book

“us knuckle dragging, beer swilling, bovver boot wearing brexiters”.

If you can find me making any such suggestions ever, let me know.

The only time I ever see such derogatory remarks made against Brexit supporters, they are claims being made by Brexiteers, and like your own claims, lacking evidence to support them.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2020 at 11:06 AM, GalaxyMan said:

With the EU having a population of approximately 500 million and the UK only 66 million, I'd say that the UK doesn't have a very strong hand. Brexit is going to cost every single person in the UK more; can't say the same for the EU, which doesn't need the UK market nearly as much as the UK needs the EU market.

Hmm. You might want to do some research on commentary from EU member states as to the importance to them, their work forces and businesses before making grand statements of the obvious.

(Would it be not more practicable to stop whole this transition thing...., as it is not going to work ...the water in the Channel is much to deep between boht party's ,and  another lost year for both avoiding  so ? ) ????

https://news.sky.com/story/pm-threatens-to-collapse-trade-talks-with-eu-11925290
Monday 3 February 2020 04:26, UK 

Boris Johnson threatens to collapse trade talks with EU 

Boris Johnson will say there is no need for a free trade agreement with the European Union to involve accepting EU rules.When Ottawa signed the agreement with the EU, it abolished 98% of duties and opened investment opportunities in transport and finance for European firms.

Ahead of trade talks in March, Mr Johnson will say: "We want a free trade agreement, similar to Canada's but, in the very unlikely event that we do not succeed, then our trade will have to be based on our existing Withdrawal Agreement with the EU. "The choice is emphatically not 'deal or no deal'. The question is whether we agree a trading relationship with the EU comparable to Canada's - or more like Australia's. In either case, I have no doubt that Britain will prosper."An Australia-style situation would see Britain trading on World Trade Organisation terms, but with extra deals to cover areas such as aviation.

Liberal Democrats leader Sir Ed Davey called it "no deal in all but name".EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier is expected demand that Britain agrees to Brussels standards because of its "geographic proximity and economic interdependence", as well as the threat of "unfair competition by undercutting", according to the Telegraph.Europe is likely to want access to UK fishing waters.The bloc could also back Spain's claim on Gibraltar by giving Spain the power to exclude the overseas territory from a trade deal.

more...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Loiner said:

48.11% blah blah

another referendum blah blah

The Remainer moaning goes on even after we are now out!

Boris’s government is implementing the will of the majority, which was democratically shown twice. Although Remainers tried to, you can’t ignore that. 

Twice? Maths obviously isn't your strong point!

As said, last December 52.4% voted for parties who promised, at least, a referendum on whether to accept the withdrawal agreement or cancel Brexit.

52.4% is greater than 50% and therefore the majority.

It is also greater than the 51.9% who voted leave in 2016.

But, as also said, the way our first past the post system works means that despite increasing their share of the vote by a mere 1.2% (42.4% to 43.6%), the Tories have increased their seats by 10.9% and now have a majority in the House. Which means Cummings can now do as he pleases with no regard to what we, the people, actually want.

His pigeons will doubtless come home to roost in 2024; but by then it will be too late.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2020 at 9:33 AM, rooster59 said:

British businesses that rely on just-in-time delivery, such as carmakers

British carmakers? There aren't any. (Morgan produces fewer than 900 cars/year. Name another British company.......)

Honda and Nissan are disinvesting. BMW may well close its plants in UK. As for "British companies supplying the carmakers", which I suspect is what the piece meant, nearly all have facilities in Europe to supply plants in the EU (that's JIT). They will simply transfer more if not all output to those plants.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Twice? Maths obviously isn't your strong point!

As said, last December 52.4% voted for parties who promised, at least, a referendum on whether to accept the withdrawal agreement or cancel Brexit.

52.4% is greater than 50% and therefore the majority.

It is also greater than the 51.9% who voted leave in 2016.

But, as also said, the way our first past the post system works means that despite increasing their share of the vote by a mere 1.2% (42.4% to 43.6%), the Tories have increased their seats by 10.9% and now have a majority in the House. Which means Cummings can now do as he pleases with no regard to what we, the people, actually want.

His pigeons will doubtless come home to roost in 2024; but by then it will be too late.

Your warped and twisted logic may try and spin the numbers, all to no avail. 
We are out. Your mates the Remainers lost.

• Like 1