PHOTOS: Virus side-effects on tourism

webfact

2 hours ago, eryomia said:

Too bad = ( I had a trip to Thailand planned. I wanted to relax with my family. But I decided to postpone the trip due to outbreaks of the virus. I hope this epidemic stops and it will be possible to travel.

It is absolutely possible to travel right now!

Just take precautions, that are a liiiiiiiiitle better than usual and you shoul dbe fine!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

It is absolutely possible to travel right now!

Just take precautions, that are a liiiiiiiiitle better than usual and you shoul dbe fine!

Yes, selfie pictures with masks on are popular right now.    A trip to Thailand  before the full extent of the calamity  Thailand faces would be very unwise.   Facts are the airport screening  doesn't  work.

The health care facilities  are stressed already.

Masks are in short  supply.  

It transferred from passengers to taxi driver.   

The airline list who have stopped  China  service is an arm long.  Other countries maybe added at any time.

If you do travel to Thailand  and they have not contained  it will only  be the right thing to do if you observe  a 14 day self quarantine at home. 

• Like 1

Given that the number of cases in China is rising by about 30% every 2 days, by the end of February there could be over a 100,000 cases. We really do have to hope China's draconian policies work, and that other countries are lucky enough to contain it, because this is looking more like a pandemic and in that case right off the entire year for tourism. Have they started wiping the finger print scanner between each traveller yet?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Terribly silent from TAT. Waiting for them to admit the numbers are down(Just kidding).

There will be a spin somehow. They are in they crisis room right now thinking of their next absurd ploy.

On 2/2/2020 at 5:48 PM, webfact said:

if the outbreak prolonged until March, it could cost the Thai tourism industry between Bt80 billion to Bt100 billion

no. this is not the true cost.

if the virus will hit thailand in full force, and if it is the X-VIRUS that sceintists are so affraid of (a super virus that has no cure ), than it can wipe off half the country population !! no kiddin !!