Coronavirus: Concern for tourists as Immigration wear masks and gloves

webfact

18 hours ago, Tops said:

Complete idiot$ over there. Probably the mad cow disease has affected the government right now.

I had to go back to Chang Wattana immigration yesterday to pick up my visa extension as it was under consideration. Before entry you're getting sprayed and you have to clean your hands with a sanitizing lotion. Here the problems started. After this you get a sticker you must wear somewhere visible. I didn't get one.

I had cut myself in my left thumb last Saturday when preparing dinner in our kitchen. Next to this I had a few scratches from our 12 week old kitten on my arms and legs. Some nurse went with me to get a number and to the L2 counter. They turned down my visa extension as I had to go to the hospital and I had to get a health certificate saying I am clean and that I have been tested on all kinds of diseases, including Corona, HIV, TBC, etc.. This certificate was not allowed to be older than 24 hours. They gave us a list which hospitals were allowed to do. So yesterday late afternoon we went to a university hospital to see a doctor, having my weight, temperature and height taken, costs 1,200 THB.

This morning I had to show up sober at the hospital at 8 AM. Had to pay 7,800 THB for the bloodtests first. Got my blood tested on so many things. Than having my weight, temperature and height taken before seeing the doctor. Waiting for the results. Had my health certificate at noon after I paid another bill of 3,750 THB.

Went back to immigration. Before entry you're getting sprayed and you have to clean your hands with a sanitizing lotion. After this you get a sticker you must wear somewhere visible. Showed them my health certificate there. But I didn't get a sticker. And again some nurse was following me to the L2 counter. I had to pay a fine for 1 day overstay of 500 THB first. Make a deposit again on my bank, get 2 copies of the bankbook and I had to wait till 3 PM for my visa extension. So after 2 days and 13,250 THB poorer I got my visa extension...

They are just helping the Thai economy by shaking the foreigners down...

And NOOOO, I didn't see the pretty one. Only old and fat cows.

Thanks very much for the post, I'm still laughing 3 hrs after first reading it!!!!!

????????????????

• Like 1

The use of gel has become a popular replacement for using soap and water.  According to many research studies, the gels should not be employed as they can enter the body through the skin and do not remove as many bacteria strains as do soap and water.  In Canada, although still used, a lot of medical facilities are abandoning their use for that reason.  Also, the masks worn by the IO in the photograph are ineffective.  All they may do is prevent sweat and nasal and mouth liquids from falling onto people.  They do not prevent a person from breathing in airborne materials such as a virus and only have minimal use for preventing the person from breathing in the contents of the polluted air.  That requires a very different type of mask which filters the air to prevent contamination by air particulates.  Found out both sets of information when in the Royal Navy.

'nuf sed.

• Like 1