AIS TV to Drop Many Western Channels Like HBO Channels Effective March 2020

Pib

Got a SMS today providing notification that AIS TV (officially known as AISPlay) will cancel 15 channels like all the HBO channels, Cinemax, SkyNews, FoxNews, FX, and other channels effective 13 March 2020.  The dropped channels would be replaced by a few others (not nearly as popular) western channels.  But at least the cost of the Platinum TV package would drop from Bt599/month to Bt299/month and the top package(s) would be renamed from Platinum to Premium Plus.

Full details at below AIS webpage and I've included some key snapshots from the webpage.   This is basically a repeat of what TrueVisions did several years ago by out-of-the-blue dropping the HBO and Cinemax channels but AIS picked them up.  But TrueVisions didn't even lower the prices of their TV packages because they said their replacement channels were just as good at the HBO channels (in True's dreams maybe).   But at least AIS is dropping their TV package prices by 50% due to dropping the channels.  I'm going to miss a lot of the channels to be dropped.

Full Details At: http://www.ais.co.th/playpremium/

Channels being dropped

image.png.37606ff4dfde552ebba4081e6ed86328.png

The Replacement Channels

image.png.fb1d073926b910f0f4a810ed2a7da69e.png

The New Pricing

image.png.e420437807f6867dd7d48b2603935014.png

• Sad 1

Their coverage is becoming increasingly depressing with that bit of news.  It has already gone down hill since January 1 when they dropped the Golf coverage.  

I have since had the TrueVisions dish put back up on the house to get the golf coverage on the the family Sport package as I did not want to go back to the Gold package.  And I will have to be on the dish as I dropped the TrueVisions fiber internet more than 2 years ago. 

But TrueVisions didn't even lower the prices of their TV packages because they said their replacement channels were just as good at the HBO channels (in True's dreams maybe).

TrueVisions vision of reimbursement at the time was to issue member cards for TrueVisions users to go to their coffee shops etc. and order coffee or whatever and get a discount by using that member card. 

So, a small consolation that AIS has decreased package cost for dropping those channels while TrueVisions wouldn't even think about dropping their package cost for dropping the channels that they dropped.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Go to 123tvnow.com  or ustvgo.tv  and you can get most of

those channels for free ,and they work very well,for me anyway.

regards worgeordie

but if I go there (123...) I am barraged with Chrome insisting to Download a FlashSD App 'Cool' 

I've heard elsewhere that the very last thing you should do to your self is download anythingvia the Site you have entered... 

Just now, tifino said:

but if I go there (123...) I am barraged with Chrome insisting to Download a FlashSD App 'Cool' 

I've heard elsewhere that the very last thing you should do to your self is download anythingvia the Site you have entered... 

Try a different browser,I use slimjet which is a chrome based browser ,no problem.

your right never install anything a web site tells you to.

regards worgeordie

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Pib said:

Using TV streaming websites like above is all well and good I guess when a person don't mind playing the VPN game to get a lot of the channels,

Just tried a bunch of channels on both websites worgeordie suggested and they all worked without vpn.

I only wonder how this can be legal since most of them are pay tv

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Susco said:

Just tried a bunch of channels on both websites worgeordie suggested and they all worked without vpn....

tried both on Slimjet but the same popups came up about downloading...

went back to Chrome, and activated my own VPN [hola]  (not their promoted Paid one) and ustvgo is now the go!!!

woo hoo 

now enjoy a means of capturing a lot of what wwitv misses out on

Edited by tifino
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Susco said:

Just tried a bunch of channels on both websites worgeordie suggested and they all worked without vpn.

When I tried about a half dozen of the channels on each website earlier today approx one-third of the channels wouldn't play/I got an error unless I used a VPN. 

But when retesting tonight/just now in clicking on about 10 channels they all worked first click....but one channel took several clicks.  This was without VPN. 

I'm running an AISFibre internest of 700Mb down/50Mb up.

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Go to 123tvnow.com  or ustvgo.tv  and you can get most of

those channels for free ,and they work very well,for me anyway.

regards worgeordie

Just tried both of them and they work perfect on my pc .Is there anything like this that will let me watch the premiership ?

I have AIS to and I see that message on my TV screen. I called AIS and they say it’s not guaranteed that they are going to lose the channels yet but as of now they will on March 12th. They said they are expecting an update next week. It looks like True is trying to take the contract away from them again.

AIS is taking customer feedback right now so it’s very important that all of us AIS customers call and complain now and tell them that if they lose their contract then they lose our business. I don’t know for sure if True is trying to take the contract but that’s what it looks like and True ran it like <deleted> when they had it AIS has been much better so please everybody call AIS and complain. I told them that if they lose my channels they are not only going to lose all my business phone and internet as well as TV but they will also lose my last bill as well. I told them that next month I will be holding off on paying my next bill until I see for sure if they will be keeping or losing our channels. I’m not playing games with AIS like I did with True I think it was back in January 2017 if I recall. 

If all of us AIS customers start calling to complain it might make a difference. It’s not in stone yet that they’re going to lose the contract for sure. In fact that is probably worthy of a new topic to warn people. 

I have AIS and there’s a message on my TV screen that all AIS customers can see right now. It pops up periodically especially on HBO. I called AIS and they say it’s not guaranteed that they are going to lose the channels yet but as of now they will on March 12th. They said they are expecting an update next week. It looks like True is trying to take the contract away from them again.

AIS is taking customer feedback right now so it’s very important that all of us AIS customers call 1175 and complain now and tell them that if they lose their contract then they lose our business. I don’t know for sure if True is trying to take the contract back but that’s what it looks like and True ran it like <deleted> when they had it AIS has been much better so please everybody call AIS and complain. I told them that if they lose my channels they are not only going to lose all my business phone and internet as well as TV but they will also lose my last bill as well. I told them that next month I will be holding off on paying my next bill until I see for sure if they will be keeping or losing our channels. I’m not playing games with AIS like I did with True I think it was back in January 2017 if I recall. 

If all of us AIS customers start calling to complain it might make a difference. Because according to AIS 3 different reps it’s not yet in stone that they’re going to lose the contract for sure. So start calling AIS customer service at 1175 and start giving them your customer feedback now. The AIS contract is perfect as is please tell them not to change anything tell them not to mess with our service. I’m going to try to call AIS about it at least once a day. I highly recommend all AIS customers do the same. 

Dale

I just posted a separate topic about it. I’m on the phone again with AIS right now and unless we all start calling AIS at 1175 to give customer feedback we’re going to be losing our great service. This is something that’s going to require us all to get involved with and start calling them to complain or we’ll just lose access to the channels. 

HBO is the only good thing about AIS Play.  Hopefully they will launch HBO GO as a stand alone streaming service like Netflix so we don't have keep switching providers.  They just launched in Singapore and the Philippines so maybe could happen. 

45 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Just tried both of them and they work perfect on my pc .Is there anything like this that will let me watch the premiership ?

You can see a couple EPL games on NBC, what I do is try not to see the scores,

and watch the games the next morning on footballorgin.com , fullmatchesandshows.com

or hdmatches.com. good enough for me.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

I just got off the phone with an AIS supervisor and I submitted a huge complaint and I asked them to have their marketing department call me back. If they don’t call I will be calling everyday for sure. I think if their marketing department understood more about western culture they would know what a huge mistake they are truly making. I suspect they think a new contract will save them money which it might at first but within a year they will lose at least 50% of their business. True still has not recovered so I suspect maybe True wants their contract back I don’t know. True was a big enough company to survive it though I’m not sure AIS is big enough to survive in the business world if they lose this contract. At the very minimum losing this contract would put DTAC ahead of AIS this will at least put AIS way behind and it could lead to layoffs as well because AIS is no where near as big as True Visions.

I don’t think their corporate executives and their marketers are aware or have any idea of the seriousness of mistake they’re about to make simply because they probably don't know enough about western culture to understand that the difference in the television programming is like night and day, it’s like switching to brand X or non alcoholic beer no one wants it I was just trying to explain that to an AIS supervisor for an hour. They’re shooting themselves in the foot! And if anyone else gets the HBO contract like True again it’s over for AIS. As I was explaining that to the AIS supervisor I could tell by her tone of voice that she was understanding I am probably right as I was explaining it to her. I told her this could really hurt AIS and your employees as well not only the customers. And I could just hear the fear in her voice because I was explaining to her how no one wants their alternative channels and they will lose business especially if another company gets that contract AIS is hosed. 

There’s a message on AIS right now that all of us can see. All of AIS customers must call AIS at 1175 and complain or else we will lose a great service in one month from now! Effective March 12th no more HBO or any other good channels. Please let’s all call AIS customer service and voice our feedback! 

I just got off the phone with an AIS supervisor and I submitted a huge complaint and I asked them to have their marketing department call me back. If they don’t call I will be calling everyday for sure. I think if their marketing department understood more about western culture they would know what a huge mistake they are truly making. I suspect they think a new contract will save them money which it might at first but within a year they will lose at least 50% of their business. True still has not recovered so I suspect maybe True wants their contract back I don’t know. True was a big enough company to survive it though I’m not sure AIS is big enough to survive in the business world if they lose this contract. At the very minimum losing this contract would put DTAC ahead of AIS this will at least put AIS way behind and it could lead to layoffs as well because AIS is no where near as big as True Visions.

I don’t think their corporate executives and their marketers are aware or have any idea of the seriousness of the mistake they’re about to make simply because they probably don't know enough about western culture to understand that the difference in the television programming is like night and day, it’s like switching to brand X or non alcoholic beer no one wants it I was just trying to explain that to an AIS supervisor for an hour. They’re shooting themselves in the foot! And if anyone else gets the HBO contract like True again it’s over for AIS. As I was explaining that to the AIS supervisor I could tell by her tone of voice that she was understanding I am probably right as I was explaining it to her. I told her this could really hurt AIS and your employees as well not only the customers. And I could just hear the fear in her voice because I was explaining to her how no one wants their alternative channels and they will lose business especially if another company gets that contract AIS is hosed. 

So AIS customers let’s work together here and fight for our great cable service. I am asking all AIS customers to call AIS customer service every day like I’m going to do every day and inquire about it and complain about losing our service. I told them they would lose my business for sure if we lose our channels and all my business including phone and internet services also. I encourage all other AIS customers to do the same and just maybe we’ll get lucky and be able to keep our television service as is. I mean come on I can’t miss the last season of Homeland throw me a bone here let’s all work together and call AIS to complain! 

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I pay the same as the OP for hundreds of channels via IPTV. It's a brilliant service and I've recommended it to several ThaiVisa members, but not one has taken it up. Paying 600 a month for every channel you could ever want I guess is too much money for them to part with.

Are you taking about AIS or another service IPTV?