Thailand’s Tourism Council reports ZERO bookings following coronavirus outbreak

webfact

37 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Fortunately, because if we had to wait for the Thai authorities to do like Japan and other countries with a reactive government, ... well we would still wait because Thailand has still not closed its borders to planes, ships and land traffic. :post-4641-1156693976:

Japan - 30 cases, 0 recovered.

Thailand - 25 cases, 8 recovered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I don't see why. I regularly make trips up country and occasional trips abroad. Never done a TM30. Renewed my retirement extension in December, TM30 not mentioned.

He just wanted to tell everyone about his posh bikes.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

It's all fun and games and relatively cheap living until you get sick.  Then it's the absolute worst of the worst of the worst.  

Let me remind myself what I deal with, and still stay (however, I moved out of CM)..... visa, pollution, slight increase in prices, strong baht, death virus, traffic, and even sometimes the pesky ant because my building was built like...oh, anyhow.

Can I leave and increase my chances to live?  of course.

but what do I do?  I decide to move to a different city in Thailand, next month.  ah, i'm doing something

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, neeray said:

Why would TM30 kill your trips? Did you stay in accommodation? Don't they file the TM30?

he's just trying to let us know that he has a couple of motorbikes..... next post he will be mentioning his cars

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Hmm strange statistic

“Hotels with 700-800 rooms which would normally be full at this time of year now have zero bookings”,

I am currently staying at a 130 plus rooms, four star hotel on KPN.

One third full when I arrived a couple of days ago and totally full today.

Maybe people just do not like hotels with 700 - 800 rooms? I certainly would never stay in one that large.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Im adopting this phrase. thanks    ????

Adapted from "accelerated decrepitude" uttered by Pris in the first Blade Runner movie."Accelerated decrepitude" is what the generals are causing the Thai economy and country as a whole.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Thanks 1

first time TAT used the ZERO digit on their estimates.... hard to believe but it did happen, however, we should expect an imminent correction from TAT showing some drastic number(s) improvement

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

first time TAT used the ZERO digit on their estimates.... hard to believe but it did happen, however, we should expect an imminent correction from TAT showing some drastic number(s) improvement

Yes in their wisdom they will add some more zeros which they normally do but unfortunately that won't work this time for obvious reasons.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

The other question is how big is the real damage for Thailand. Many hotels were used by now missing group tours and there were these zero Baht tours managed by people in China. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I know for sure because I asked at my local immigration office and they told me quite clearly that I had to do it or get fined next time I need to do anything at immigration. I know some offices are not as strict but mine (Ubon) definitely is.

Usual inconsistencies in different offices, Udon have no interest in TM30.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I know for sure because I asked at my local immigration office and they told me quite clearly that I had to do it or get fined next time I need to do anything at immigration. I know some offices are not as strict but mine (Ubon) definitely is.

not only your office in Ubon, heard the Krabi office requites it as well and so does the one in Trang

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Or if they will lift it.

The travel ban is only for tour parties. The other aspect is Hubei is compulsorily locked down and the rest of China is voluntarily on 'travel only when necessary' basis. The streets are practically empty.

Plus it's winter and it's horrible out there, the best place to be is home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Some Thai restaurant complaining to my wife this morning about being quiet and they mainly cater to Thai's, so have they got no money to spend?

That is going to be a second layer factor  very quickly. Those that provided for those that catered to tourism are part of the  whole picture. This is not the same as a  natural disaster such as a tsunami because in that scenario demand for daily services were still in demand.

It is very likely thefts and violence will increase.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

These raw numbers to explain to us what?

Besides, who tells you apart from the newspapers "under orders" that these numbers are the reality?

The "recovered" in Thailand may have had only the flu and the authorities have passed them off as people who have caught the coronavirus ...

In the period of a global pandemic, I mistrust as much as possible the "governmental" information from all countries,

I agree completely, but when people want use the numbers to voice their opinions, they're perceived to be totally authentic. 25 Corona virus infections was accepted without question to beat up the Thai government with nobody saying 'cah, it's just common flu' was it? Plus where is the value in inflating the figures?

Now that Japan and Singapore have outstripped Thailand, are these people  congratulating the Thai Government for their containment policy and the success in treating the virus patients? Not on your nelly mate.

• Sad 1