Pattaya: Mayor and glitterati out in Walking Street to encourage China to fight the virus!

webfact

7 hours ago, SkyNets said:

Is the guy far left in the first pic on overstay? Seems to have just clocked the immigration police :)

Is the guy far left in the first pic on overstay?

????.... based on his skin color - No ...

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya's well known mayor Sontaya " Big Peh" Khunpluem led City Hall staff and a host of local "celebrities" to Walking Street last night.

that's odd.

i don't see any of the mighty wearing masks.

better not let the health minister hear about this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fforest1 said:

I am sure there are plenty of Indians to take up the slack.....

God forbid if India were to announce their own new virus derived from a form of Gandhi's revenge or 

Delhi Belly , now that would be the final nail ?  or maybe turn the clock back 20 years and show more respect to western retired  farangs .

"The event was to encourage the Chinese nation to stand strong with their Thai friends and fight the coronavirus."   Time and change eh..... wasn't long ago that Communism was the evil of the world and Thailand was wiping out anyone with a red T-shirt with nut-jobs flying around in choppers machine gunning people......   I'm reminded of the saying......."Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it"............  Personally i think the pro Chinese nutcases in the Gov should ask the local Chinese why they all legged it from China......  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The mayor was joined by such luminaries as Walking Street operators' chief Naris Petchrarat and the tourist police. There was even someone called "Miss Seven". 

The odd tourist even got in on the photos including a man in the traditional Pattaya garb of singlet and shorts.

His name was "party 7" for those of you who can remember the "7-pint can"

Party 7.jpg

14 hours ago, SkyNets said:

Is the guy far left in the first pic on overstay? Seems to have just clocked the immigration police ????

Looks like an Arab, who has lost his dish dash....

I am a little disappointed. After all, the tourist police sang a nice song for the Chinese in order to lure them back to beautiful and virus free Thailand. So the bar ladies from the walking street should have done the same. As a conductor the mayor.

13 hours ago, fforest1 said:

The police have made me feel safe (knowing that Pattaya is a family friendly city)  by their many years long investigation that has failed to turn up any evidence of prostitution...

They failed to find any prostitution that harmed you. Think about that.

1 hour ago, Georgie65 said:

It's time for the Thai Government to stop all incoming flights from lying, evil, communist China immediately! If I get sick here, there will be hell to pay!!!

Au contrere my friend.

It will be karma. And no-one will care.

• Haha 1