Having asthma symptoms - where do people go for a check-up?

davidupatterson

Hey all, 

The burning season is upon us and I'm having some shortness of breath and burning in my lungs. Seems like I'm being affected by the pollution. I've been here for several months since it started. Where do people go for lung-related concerns? I know hospitals are full of people with respiratory complaints during the burning season. Where do they all go?

Note that I don't speak Thai. As a bonus, does anyone have a sense of what a check-up for something like this might cost and if I can just pop in to wherever is recommended? 

Thanks, 

Dave

This Doctor is excellent, speaks good English is name is Dr Theerakon

My wife has been treated by this guy for over 10 years

He has a clinic at Sriphat Hospital, you go to the 13th Floor, need to check which days he works

He also has a clinic near Sansai Market, call 053 014232, open over the weekend

Assuming he is still there (I left C Mai in 2013 after I got laryngeal cancer from breathing the same air pollution that is hurting you now, but then I breathed it for 25 years), I would strongly recommend Dr Tawatchai at Loi Kroh Road clinic. Speaks English near fluently and can treat just about anything. He is a govt doctor (head of a hospital), but runs his private clinic after 1700 hours daily. He was still there last year. Get there early - as he is very popular and very cheap ! After successfully diagnosing me with skin cancer, he removed it in his 'spare time' on a Sunday, surgically. (Sidelight) I once suggested that I put up the money for him to open a clinic in Australia and he just laughed and said "I can't go there - I have too many patients here already" ! He should get a Nobel Prize. I have seen him treat hill-tribe aids patients for free. He is my 'poster-boy' for the Hipocratic Oath. (Money don't come into it ...) Cheers mate !

11 hours ago, HullyGully said:

This Doctor is excellent, speaks good English is name is Dr Theerakon

My wife has been treated by this guy for over 10 years

He has a clinic at Sriphat Hospital, you go to the 13th Floor, need to check which days he works

He also has a clinic near Sansai Market, call 053 014232, open over the weekend

I really appreciate this detailed information. Thanks so much for your help! 

11 hours ago, Aussiepeter said:

Assuming he is still there (I left C Mai in 2013 after I got laryngeal cancer from breathing the same air pollution that is hurting you now, but then I breathed it for 25 years), I would strongly recommend Dr Tawatchai at Loi Kroh Road clinic. Speaks English near fluently and can treat just about anything. He is a govt doctor (head of a hospital), but runs his private clinic after 1700 hours daily. He was still there last year. Get there early - as he is very popular and very cheap ! After successfully diagnosing me with skin cancer, he removed it in his 'spare time' on a Sunday, surgically. (Sidelight) I once suggested that I put up the money for him to open a clinic in Australia and he just laughed and said "I can't go there - I have too many patients here already" ! He should get a Nobel Prize. I have seen him treat hill-tribe aids patients for free. He is my 'poster-boy' for the Hipocratic Oath. (Money don't come into it ...) Cheers mate !

Wow, what a guy. Thanks so much for your recommendation! 

4 hours ago, jonwilly said:

Dr T is a CM institution, best General Practitioner in CM.

john

Awesome. I'll take a look. 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Don't get hooked on inhalers if you can avoid it, if i hadn't weaned myself off my ventalin inhaler 25 years ago I'd probably still be using it or worse

I had asthma when I was a kid and so understand the predicament. Thanks for your input.