Translation of Thai documents

I've began applying for UK settlement visa for the wife. When i told her we needed all Thai docs translated she told me that they can issue an English translation for pretty much all of them (boys/her birth cert, her name change/house book/ID card, marriage cert) at our local amphoe. So we went there today and basically they have written them up on headed paper in English and stamped them. It came to around 200 baht for 2 or 3 copies of each.

My main question is, does anyone know if am i able to use these for the application?? It's just that nowhere on any of them does it mention 'certified translation'. It's obviously a cheaper alternative than getting my pants pulled down by the translators at the trendy building but with the amount of time and money at stake i want to get it right.

Any advice or info would be really appreciated.

Cheers

This is the official guidance from the UKVI, translators in Bangkok, doesn't have to be in Trendy, are well versed in the requirements and will stamp their translation with the contact details. My experience is that they will be accepted without question, I'm still waiting for feedback from anapplicant who has submitted evidence in Welsh. 

https://www.gov.uk/certifying-a-document

Gov.UK said:

Certifying a translation

If you need to certify a translation of a document that’s not written in English or Welsh, ask the translation company to confirm in writing on the translation:

* that it’s a ‘true and accurate translation of the original document’

* the date of the translation

*the full name and contact details of the translator or a representative of the translation company

• 2 weeks later...

Guidance on renewing a UK passport in Bangkok states 'must be translated into English by a translator who is a member of a recognised professional organisation'. I've never seen a Thai to English translation (including those done by translators in Trendy and the mall opposite the British Embassy in the last few years) that overtly qualify on that score.

I'm looking at renewing my daughter's UK passport imminently and was contemplating whether to seek guidance via the expensive help line in the UK (since it seems form my past experience with UK visa applications for my Thai family that you can't get to speak to a real person in Bangkok) if there is a list of translators that meet this requirement.

I guess rules may be different for the UK visa application, since Thai staff have previously been responsible for pre-vetting of UK visa applications but not passport applications (that rationalisation bit is my assumption, but I may be wrong).

Any informed comment based on recent experience would be welcome!