Sports car clubs and rides

FTB

Greetings - I've been in Thailand more than 12 years mow and have enjoyed myself immensely riding motorcycles on and offroad.  I'm looking at sport cars (yes I know the usual challenges: cost, spare parts, etc.) to add something new for me over here.  All the years of riding motorcycles in the north of Thailand I have never come across groups of drivers enjoying the twisting roads like I have with the many motorcyclists I come upon.  Motorcyclists over here have a plethora of websites, Facebook groups etc to garner contacts, make friends, talk about bikes and modifications etc.  Not sure if my internet skills are in question but I've not uncovered anything of the like for Sports cars over here.  Anyone have any links or finger pointing?

I understand the barrier to entry with cars but I was hoping there are other enthusiasts somewhere.

Thank you.

On 2/7/2020 at 8:36 PM, Kwasaki said:

Plenty about but expensive, just google it.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding.  There is plenty of what about?  If you are referencing sportscars, I acknowledged the expense in my initial post.  That's was not my question but was actually looking for like minded enthusiasts in Thailand on-line.  If there are sportscar clubs about and they are expensive and they are on Google can you let me know as I found naught.

Cheers

23 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Facebook has clubs for most car makes.

Thanks.  Yes I've already joined some of the marque specific FB groups.  Decent for pictures of the cars and vehicles for sale.  I was just looking for more tech, sources for services, parts, knowledge etc.  Thanks for the tip.

21 minutes ago, FTB said:

Thanks.  Yes I've already joined some of the marque specific FB groups.  Decent for pictures of the cars and vehicles for sale.  I was just looking for more tech, sources for services, parts, knowledge etc.  Thanks for the tip.

Chat with other FB members to get that info.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

3 hours ago, FTB said:

What sort of sports cars are you looking for? The situation regarding service, parts, etc is quite different from brand to brand.

I've owned a few sports cars here in Thailand. Biggest challenge is finding a reputable garage and getting parts when needed if you have something that isn't common in Thailand. Stay away from grey market cars unless you really know what you're doing.