Getting address

Boatman37210

I am trying to locate someone in a Bangkok district, but the district office will not give me her name and address.  You have to be in their yellow book.  I have a name and address, but they are 50 years old.  Most likely they do not live there anymore or even alive, but thought I would confirm.  The address I have split with the original district office, then split again.  It is my understanding by splitting the new district office changes the address and is no longer the address I have from 50 years ago.  I need to get the new address from the current district office and they will not give.

Can I go to the police and get some kind of authorization to have the current district office give me the information I need.  I am making some changes to my will and would like to put this person in it.

Thanks.

Apart from their disclosure of personal information probably being illegal, there's no reason for them to disclose the current private address details of anyone.  From their point of view, what if you had some nefarious motive for getting that information? 

If you want to bequeath something to them just put it in your will, it will be the executor's job to sort it out.  What's to say that, even if you did get their current address, it wouldn't have been changed again by the time of your death and the situation would just as it is now?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Boatman37210 said:

Can I go to the police and get some kind of authorization to have the current district office give me the information I need.

On what basis would police give you this authorization? As JW says the info is private or the district office would have shared it.

• Like 1