Face mask, hand gel, medical alcohol on sales at government venues

snoop1130

Face mask, hand gel, medical alcohol on sales at government venues 

By The Nation

800_c841af8f45bac18.jpg

People lined up to receive queue card for buying medical items to ward off coronavirus infection at Government House and the government’s complaint centre on Friday morning (February 7). 

Face masks are on sales at Bt25 per pack of ten pieces, while a 400-gramme handwashing gel bottle costs Bt65. Purchases are limited to one item of each product on sales per person.

A tube containg 50-gramme handwashing gel is priced at Bt24, while a 60 millilitre of 70 per cent alcohol bottle costs Bt14. Purchases of these two items are limited to two each per person.

People can purchase a set of all items at Bt141.

The face masks on sales were procured by the Ministry of Commerce, handwashing gel and alcohol by the Ministry of Public Health.

This project will run for 15 days, from Friday (February 7), at Gate 6 of Government House near Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge on Ratchadamnoen Nok Road and the government’s complaint centre, Office of the Permanent Secretary, opposite Government House on Phitsanulok Road, Bangkok. 

About 20,000 pieces were sold within 20 minutes at the two venues.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381777

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-07

Yeah, they're slowly catching up, had hand gel at the hotel check-out desk this morning. I'm a bit sceptical about face-masks, like if you're medically trained in their use you can probably derive some benefit, but Joe Bloggs ain't gonna go far by simply pulling on a face-mask with no concept of how it works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought a pack of 50 masks for 60 baht today at Makro. I was surprised they were so cheap. If you want them and you happened to visit Makro, you should ask the service counter because they only let you buy one pack if they have them. As I was about to checkout at the cashier, I saw a girl holding a pack and asked her where she got them. After getting one pack, I noticed a different girl holding only a pack of these at the cashier. I wonder if they were going to buy them and return to try to buy more. Maybe they are reselling them?

It seems there are have been a lot of Chinese people buying as many as they can. I saw a couple just in the big pharmacy just outside Makro at the same location today. One person was speaking Chinese on the phone to someone as they asked about masks. They didn't get any there and neither did I. That pharmacy was sold out a little earlier. My daughter and her friends at university have been looking for them for a while and she's seen Chinese looking for them as well. She also went to the market near her in Navanakorn and some Chinese person came and bought everything out last week. I guess these masks might be very valuable in China with a billion people there. I looked on Amazon.com and was surprised to see some listings even there asking for 100 -150 dollars for the same style masks. Most listings were reasonable but those few with ridiculously high prices for a 50 or 100 pack made me wonder if this is starting to affect prices there.

No masks or gel available at Boots in Udon Thani on friday. 'Do not have any, do not know when we will' i was told. Fortunately have a bottle of surgical spirit and an old mosquito spray bottle. If that runs out, wife's shop has plenty of lao khao!